• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Texas

rdrodgers

I was told to hunt this site up. Glad I did. I have a 1940 Holabird pumper built by the United States Army in Ft. Holabird, Maryland I am working on for the local volunteer fire dept.

I'm hoping to dig some information out of this site to help me transplant a Hercules multifuel engine (rebuilt by the military) in where a 22R (U6501) Continental gas used to be.

Gonna be hunting SAE bell housing answers.

Hoping I can dig around and search around to see if i can do this.

Thanks, Roy

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Some suggestions: avoid using the stock transmission as it is not synchronized (double clutch) and likely has no overdrive. Use the transmission that came with the 5 ton trucks (6453). Or best yet, flip the multifuel and get a complete late model pre emissions diesel with transmission from a late model wrecked civilian truck.

rdrodgers

Which forum might best suit this old military fire truck? Right now it's in pretty poor condition. I want to get it running on its own power so I can move it around to work on it. Thanks again.

rdrodgers

Thanks for all the welcomes. What is the best forum to get information on the bell housing pattern and clutch information? I have advertised this engine several places to try to use something else, but no one seems to want it so it is time to put it to use. I need to know which forum is the appropriate place to ask a bunch of questions. Such as the fuel injection pump. I need to know what to put on it since it is missing on this engine. How to time the injection ump.. Things like that is what I need to ask and I want to make sure I ask in the right forum.

Thanks again. Roy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks