• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Texas

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREETINGS from San Angelo, TX

I'm a new guy in West Texas, how does one get assigned to the West Texas detachment of SS?

As I frequently post to new guys/gals coming aboard.....

"The west Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes you! Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare to get under way."

As for the "west Texas Detachment"..... that is just an UNofficial designation I've sort of named myself (and the few others of us out here). Seems there are a couple of other members "close by" in Abilene, and some in the Midland/Odessa area. To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only ACTIVE member here in San Angelo.

If you go the the "old site" there is a Members Map (it's outdated) and shows clusters of members in the I-35 corridor, some in the Panhandle, and some out in far west Texas. Our west Texas area is poorly represented and at times I have felt like the Lone Ranger with few opportunities to "hang out" with other SS Members. (There are a few other MV owners locally, but not SS members or at least LOW activitiy.) Hence, the designation of DETACHMENT seemed quite appropriate.

Please feel free to include youself in this "composite unit" and we can start building a core group for future activities.

I've just acquired an M35A2 Deuce from the Eldorado (Schleicher County) Volunteer Fire Department to compliment my motorpool. Have you got an MV at this time?

Feel free co call me anytime - Cell 325-234-2500

Best regards and WELCOM ABOARD!
John (& Dianna, too)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. You are invited to join the Oklahoma Convoy anytime you want.....:D

JEpp

Welcome, I am in Barnhart west of San Angelo about 55 miles. I too have just recently joined SS and can say it is awesome. I have learned so much already. Justin

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, I am in Barnhart west of San Angelo about 55 miles. I too have just recently joined SS and can say it is awesome. I have learned so much already. Justin
Welcome aboard! Looks like the "west Texas Detachment" is GROWING!

I'll be in Eldorado on Saturday to recover a Deuce that I just won on a sealed bid. 55 miles is a "piece of cake". Hollar if you're ever in San Angelo.

JEpp

USAFSS-ColdWarrior
Good Luck on getting your deuce on Saturday. I had heard they were getting rid of some, but never heard any more about it. Glad you got one. I had my deuce in Angelo about a month ago getting a mobile radio installed. Was't a bad trip in it at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks