• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy..,Need help on installing new injector head!

jakej1111

Hey guys just bought a 1975 m35a2, injector head was frozen and would not start,it does start on starting fluid.I took it off and my new one has came in... it has the red tooth and is brand new.can anyone help me and tell me exactly where to line that tooth up and does the plunger in the pump housing need to be all the way down or in a certain place and motor tdc or what??? Im not really sure and dont want to tear up the new hydralic head.thanks

JakeJ1111

jakej1111

thanks man ,what about the plunger below the injector head that moves the sping ?should it be up or down and are there any marks i shouldd line up in the cap with the four screws to the left? thanks.

jakej1111

hey guys injector pump is in and only #1 is squirtin fuel out???disconected all the lines cleaned them out,cranked over the engine and only #1 has pressure.all others have none,also i checked the red toothmark on the gear of the new hh and it didnt move an inch....Is something else broken or what? i was thinking the gear that turns the hh gear is damaged,but it looked good and i turned it with my finger. please help.....thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should not turn with your finger, Your Quill shaft may be broken. Try a search for "quill gear" or "quill gear"

It sounds like your HH is on#1 cyl and pumping but not rotating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks