• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW GUY QUESTION

k5ontherocks

HEY GUYS,NEW GUY HERE.
I AM BUILDING A 1970 CHEVY K5 BLAZER FOR MUD BOGGIN AND TRAILS.
I WILL BE RUNNING 2.5 ROCKWELL TOPLOADERS,AND T-136 CASE.
I WILL BE RUNNING 16.9 X 24 TRACTOR TIRES,53" XZL'S AT TIMES.

THIS SITE IS GREAT,TONS OF INFO IVE LEARNED SO FAR.

MY TRANSFER CASE IS SPRAG TYPE,VERY GOOD SHAPE.
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT WELDING UP THE FRONT DRIVE SPRAG??

I HAVE SEEN A FEW THINGS ON 4X4 SITES ABOUT THIS,AND AM LOOKING FOR SOME PICS AND MORE INFO BEFORE I GO TEARING INTO MY CASE.

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS
ANDY

MY BUILD THREAD:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=2574203&posted=1#post2574203

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome Andy. Feel free to lose the caps, alot of guys don't like it. I have not seen any discussions about welding up the sprag here. Maybe someone will chime in soon.

acetomatoco

Yup, I had to turn down the volume as it was ringing in my ears. While building the mud bogger, why not just put the air shift nose on the xfer case and mechanically lock it in the engaged position for racing and unlock it moving around off course? Could be done really easily with a Morse Cable...

k5ontherocks

ok guys,sorry about the caps.just a habit from work.
thanks for replying quickly.

i had thought about switching to the airshift style,but the searches i found and read all made that seem like an expensive swap.most seemed like they were better off to find another complete case to swap parts from.was i reading that stuff correctly?if thats the case i would still like to look into just welding the sprag.
hopefully someone will chime in.
thanks,
Andy

my build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=2574203&posted=1#post2574203