• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy Reporting In

KyCUCVs

I’ve been lurking around the website for about a year. Now that I have retired, I have time to register, learn how the forum works and the proper posting etiquette. Steel Soldiers is about the only military vehicle website I visit anymore. I have yet to have a vehicle problem that I couldn’t find the solution on Steel Soldiers. I enjoy working on my vehicles when I am not watching the granddaughter or working on the house remodel, a project I started 15 years ago.

I recently retired after 30 years service with the KyARNG, 25 in active status (AGR). I spent my first 15 years as a 95B/31B Military Policeman. The last 15 were as a 19K/19Z M1 Tank Crewman/Master Gunner/Operations Sergeant. Strangely enough, after spending the last 15 years as a Armor Soldier, I was tagged by my former MP Battalion to be their Operations Sergeant for a deployment to Afghanistan. Their mission was to run the Detention Facility in Bagram. Six months before our arrival, four terrorist escaped from the facility. During our tenure, there were no escapes, no substantiated allegations of abuse and no guards seriously injured. Some Infantry soldiers would spend their whole deployment looking for the bad guys and never see one. We would see them every day. Hundreds of them. One walk among the cells would leave no doubt in your mind that we are doing the right thing over there and anywhere else we need to be to fight terrorism; to make sure that no terrorist ever has the chance to drive a truckload of explosives into my granddaughters day care. Or yours.

Dismount soapbox.

Move out smartly.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: New Guy Reporting In

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service. Beautiful state you live in by the way

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allan, Welcome to the site, The Ga rally is coming up soon(24-26 Oct). Maybe you could make it. There will be a bunch of us there, gonna be a good time!