• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy saying hi! Where are the leopards!

damcv62

Just joined the site, have been here before looking at things but never had an account I guess. I'm a new armor owner, wondering who else is in the hobby. I've been a member of a number of other sites, likely have spoken with some of you before, hope to tap some of the knowledge base on this new hobby!

Is there armor get togethers? I mean I'd guess not many people pack up their military vehicle to show off, but I'd love to see some of the other items out there. I've browsed armyjeeps.net is there other good sites to watch?

My first unit is still being imported. But I got a leopard 1A5BE and can't wait for it to get cleared.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best place to show off armor is the MVPA convention next year. Won't be too far from you, just watch your GVW on whatever you haul it with. Most of the northern states are pretty strict about heavy loads.

damcv62

I gota hear how that gets through Customs........
Customs doesn't seem to bad, I was directed to a guy out of California to file the F6. Sadly the breech has to be cut and a hole cut in the barrel but after that it's pretty straight forward.

Best place to show off armor is the MVPA convention next year. Won't be too far from you, just watch your GVW on whatever you haul it with. Most of the northern states are pretty strict about heavy loads.
MVPA? I'll have to look that up. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure how far I'd be wanting to have this thing hauled, thinking of sticking it at the shop and just driving it around there.

Welcome from another new guy in PA
Thanks! I look forward to some new experiences with this hobby.

L1A1

So you brought that Leopard?! Welcome to the site! That was probably a good deal as the one's I've seen for sale over on Milweb had their powerpacks removed & the empty space filled with concrete.

Matt

damcv62

So you brought that Leopard?! Welcome to the site! That was probably a good deal as the one's I've seen for sale over on Milweb had their powerpacks removed & the empty space filled with concrete.

Matt
Matt,
Which leopard? I don't know which one you are thinking of, I have a friend who works over seas, got me this one. Can't say I've ever been to Milweb, I'll have to check out that site. This unit is certainly not filled with concert, it's in running order with a working main gun, which I have to demil sadly. :(
donald

L1A1

Matt,
Which leopard? I don't know which one you are thinking of, I have a friend who works over seas, got me this one. Can't say I've ever been to Milweb, I'll have to check out that site. This unit is certainly not filled with concert, it's in running order with a working main gun, which I have to demil sadly. :(
donald
I was thinking it (your leopard) was the one up on armyjeeps.net . They had a running leopard 1 that was located in Germany for sale that sold. The immobilized one(s) for sale over on Milweb weren't to bad price wise, they'd just never run again. Think they were being marketed as items for War memorials(?)

Matt

L1A1

There is another member here from the midwest who also owns a leopard 1, I'm sure he'll chime in shortly.
Matt

dmetalmiki

Matt,
donald
Most of the older genuine historic collectors over DO NOT! use "milweb" either..(as) they (milweb) are definitely 'OFF' the hobiest private collector, , and flooding the their site with modern un-road registrable and and inspection criteria, they are now just out for the "BUCK" and sc..w the hobiest collector they used to support. All private adverts are simply pushed out in favour of registered arms dealers or restrictive disposal companies, OR extortionate fees charged to them as Allegedly bieng "dealers!!!

damcv62

I was thinking it (your leopard) was the one up on armyjeeps.net . They had a running leopard 1 that was located in Germany for sale that sold. The immobilized one(s) for sale over on Milweb weren't to bad price wise, they'd just never run again. Think they were being marketed as items for War memorials(?)

Matt
Yeah, the place I got mine from had a memorial unit, didn't have a motor and all of the thermals and stuff had been ripped out. That one on armyjeeps was nice, but had been demilled to German standards, which they rip the crap out of everything. It's best to get a unit that hasn't had to have been demilled to German standards as they are much harder then what the ATF requires to bring it in.

Most of the older genuine historic collectors over DO NOT! use "milweb" either..(as) they (milweb) are definitely 'OFF' the hobiest private collector, , and flooding the their site with modern un-road registrable and and inspection criteria, they are now just out for the "BUCK" and sc..w the hobiest collector they used to support. All private adverts are simply pushed out in favour of registered arms dealers or restrictive disposal companies, OR extortionate fees charged to them as Allegedly bieng "dealers!!!
Interesting. That's too bad. I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks