• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy to SS, my deuce mods so far..*pics*

spicergear

The older detroits really sound like their humming along due to their 2 stroke design. I'm not sure if it's accurate to compare them, but they both do seem to shine with some rpm to them. Still, don't discount the around 150 cubic inch increase...and the added torque that inherently goes with that. It is flat a larger engine with the same redline. I can't say everyone would be happy with it, but I'm happy with mine for what I do.

I got mine on eBay and shipped it in from Chicago. It was a reman motor with I'm told about 40,000 miles on it. It had Ford L-Series rear mounts on it. By the "L" series I'm talking the L (I think) 6000-up...the ones that have a large air intake on the passenger side of the hood. Older state trucks are pretty good for these engines...though usually front sump. I'm not sure how mine got the rear sump.

To clear the firewall, the turbo motor must come forward. That move would clear a front sump pan too. You may want to look and see if a 6053 transmission from a five ton is longer or has the stick mounted further back on the tranny. I don't know how well the shifter would fit even if bent. I have a 3053A in my M715 and I bent the stick to clear the dash on that and it works fine, but I only needed two inches...not like eight. OH, and only the jackshaft would need to be lengthened since you're not moving the T-case at all. Hell, you could run an Allison behind it and not worry about the shifter. Got a couple of options there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks