• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy wanting a M35A2

cyruscat

Hello all,

Like title says I am new to the MV world and want a M35A2 really bad.

Signed up with GovLiquidation today and been searching their sales.
Looking for one in either Little Rock, AR or Hooks, TX as both are within driving home distance.

Found and downloaded the "Cartoon" M35 Operators guide but going to find/buy a real service manual ASAP.

I currently work on building variants of Uparmored HMMWVs, HEMTTs and FMTVs at major defense contractor.

Open to any suggestions and info you have for getting into the world of "DEUCE" owning and driving.

Thanks, Cyruscat

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Here is some TM info for you!

Educate oneself by reading the TM.s We have made them available free of charge here on Steel Soldiers. Go to the top, click on resources then scroll down to technical manuals. Once there search for TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 as starters. Right click on them and save them to your computer for best results. The -10 is the operators and the -20 is the unit maintenance manual. You can also grab the TM 9-2320-361-34, TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P. That completes that series of TM. All of the 209 manuals are a different series.

cyruscat

Thanks, good deal not having to pay for something us taxpayers already bought!

I guess I am kind of an oddball, always read the instructions first, HA!

Cyruscat,

ARYankee

You have come to the right place. Turns out I can help you out. I wouldn't recommend printing out the tech manuals unless you are at work and using their paper. I printed the operators manual out and its like 400 pages..... What I did was saved them to my PC so I can reference them anytime I need to.

Sounds like you got a really cool job..... Do you get to drive them around? I wish I had a job where I could mess with MVs :)

KaiserM109

Hello all,

Like title says I am new to the MV world and want a M35A2 really bad.

Signed up with GovLiquidation today and been searching their sales.
Looking for one in either Little Rock, AR or Hooks, TX as both are within driving home distance. ...
Watch Ft. Riley, KS. Most Arkansas deuces go there. My M109A3 belonged to the Ark. NG and went to Iraq with them. Also, the folks at Ft. Riley are really customer oriented.

Happyland1410

"Need" Deuce in Oklahoma

Watch Ft. Riley, KS. Most Arkansas deuces go there. My M109A3 belonged to the Ark. NG and went to Iraq with them. Also, the folks at Ft. Riley are really customer oriented.
I have also just been bitten by the bug and now "need" my own deuce. As a volunteer firefighter I have been driving an M35A2 for several years and we just picked up a M35A3 a little over a week ago for the department. I have been reading up on GL on this site and I must admit I have been a little discouraged. KaiserM109 is your experience with GL at Ft. Riley an exception to the hassles I keep reading about? I'm much closer to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma so I'm curious if anyone could tell me about their GL experience there?

Thanks!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard, and like ARYankee said, just download and save the manuals and read them. Reference them when you need to and you can print just specific parts if you're working on something. That's the way I do it.

lstmate

Check the classifieds on here a lot for sale there. I know of one in Evasnville, IN that comes with extra parts and is a very nice truck.

2Deuces wild

Oh It starts out with just a truck but then grows into a breathing beastie
That has so many accessory's that you will need and well you'll see what I mean.:-D:-D

Attachments

Last edited:

omega231

:funny:

I have a M36A2 with/winch available. It's been restored and tricked out with several extras.

You buy it and I will deliver it to you. See attachment.
how much are you asking for that M36? ive got a non-profit group that im looking for one for.

Last edited:

cyruscat

Thanks for all the replies.
Looks like a great bunch of people on here with some great info for a newbie!

I will have to say that the big draw of a M35A2 is the low inital price from GL.
Expect to spend some $$ getting one up to snuff where I can feel safe on taking it out on a road trip.

I would pay a reasonable profit margin to someone that has one already, but anyone can see what the GL prices average.

Just for grins attached is a pic of me at work.

Thanks again,
Cyruscat

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cyruscat said:
Just for grins attached is a pic of me at work.
do you think you can sneak one of those out in your lunchbox for me....Johnny Cash did it with a Cadillac if I remember correctly.

cyruscat

I wish!!

The model HEMTT we have been getting has a 500hp engine and they will flat move!
After we do our conversion to the base truck we take it out for a road test totalling 60 kilometers.

Its 25K on pavement, 25K on gravel roads and 10K on "packed dirt". Well there is not much "packed dirt" in south Arkansas so it ends up being mudding time!

Turning radius on HEMTT really sucks though, need a football field to turn one around.

Cyruscat

ARYankee

Happyland1410- Camp Robinson in Little Rock, AR is good. I haven't been burnt there plus the GL guy, Sherman, is awesome to work with. I can always give you a hand if you decided to get one from there.

2Deuces wild- Where did you get the helmet? I want one so bad.

cyruscat- Like I said you got a really cool job. That HEMTT is SWEEEEEETTTTTT! If you all need a really good place to test them out let me know because I have a few great spots in mind :)

Happyland1410

Happyland1410- Camp Robinson in Little Rock, AR is good. I haven't been burnt there plus the GL guy, Sherman, is awesome to work with. I can always give you a hand if you decided to get one from there.
ARYankee, thanks for the info and the offer! Little Rock is about 300 miles from me so I will start watching that location on GL. This site and the people on it are great! :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks