• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy with an MEP002A

Blazer8750

First off I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who contributes info for all the cool military stuff. I recently picked up an MEP003A from GL and was able to trouble shoot and repair it with the help of the TMs and SS member posts.

The unit looked good, I bid on it based on pics only and just finally got around to working on it. I flushed the tank, drained the filters, add oil and cranked it and never got fuel out of the IP. The fuel shut off lever was sticky so I disassembled the IP with the help of the TM on SS and found a broken Plunger Drive Pin. I took some dimensions, made a new one, reassembled the pump, bled the lines and it fired over after much cranking. Finally fired up and ran. Since the batteries weren't the correct size they vibrated over and arced on the frame so I shut it down. After securing the batteries I tried starting again and it didn't want to run. I thought I really F'ed something up. Long story short, the pump was 180 degrees out of time. Now the unit purrs like a Lion, gauges work, oil pressure is good and I have voltages where I should.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome to the site, glad you got her going. I'm in Cincy too, next to Kenwood mall. You really didn't have to fab a drive washer up as I have a few of them available, but I understand the satisfaction of making it yourself! Where you at in the city?

Keith_J

Nice job, mkcoen is having the same issues, his 003 had been running but now is having the same symptoms. I would like to get some spare parts on hand for these pumps, useable used is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks