• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new guy with interest in a Deuce

Streetgliderx

Hello i have NO prior experince with a deuce but i have been drooling over one for some time what do i need to look for watch out for and avoid? i would DREAM of one i seen here owned by 55Cameo i believe.... i am a metal fabricator by trade and have a fully funished welding shop.... so i WANT a bobbed duece on 54" tires but i know nothing about them and i need to learn alot before i make a purchase

thanks fellas for your time

RE: new guyt with interest in a duece

Well welcome to the site. Come roll on up here to our shop. We got some deuces for sale, and are also bobbing some right now for customers. Feel free to come drive some around and check them out :D

We can prolly answer just about any question you would have on one. Also this site is great for information. Make sure you get one with the airshift front, which more then likely most out now have one but still. I would say get a multifuel, and theres a bunch of options on the bed, springs, and setups you can run. Also to run the bigger tires i would put a pyro on it, and adjust the pump some.

Are you wanting a winch, non winch, hard top, soft top, heater, etc

Streetgliderx

see thats AWESOME! but i am soooo unsure of what i want. i will be sure to check you out. right now i really just want a LARGE duece... i have been thinking of building a truck on 50ish tires but thinking of the cost of building and then thinking i need HEAVYDUTY axles HEAVYDUTY engine HEAVYDUTY trans. i cam to the conclusion why not find a truck that already has those items and just lift it instead of a pickup... naturally everybody runs rockwells on their monsters so it seemed right to just use the whole truck that was designed for the axles and the deisel power. then i stumbled on this site and seen the one owned by 55cameo and now i just can't stop thinking of owning the largest truck in my county

i think right off i would like some frills like heaters but i just have no clue whats possible

LOL.. well welcome. Please feel free to come check some out and drive some around. You will be able to deffinetly get a idea of what you want. We stock tires, wheels, springs. Basically anything you will need to build your truck and can help you out with specs and such like that. Get your hands on some and see some options and you will secure the idea. :D:D welcome to the dark side BIG GREEN IRON :D:D

Streetgliderx

can do fella.... i worked off at 8 tonight so i hope i get an early quit one day this week!!! i usually get off at 4:00 how long do you guys hang around?

7:00 Just give us a ring we will make sure someone is around.wednesday, thursday, friday we leaving earlier. so just give a ring, and we will take care of you

Streetgliderx

thanks! i seen his truck on here and how he spliced in frame rails to gain lift. since i weld for a livin and have lots of steel around maybe i can pull something off!!!

also did you get the pics i sent you? would you mind sendin me any more? and maybe some specs on your bobbed duece?

thanks fellas i appricieate the warm welcome and patients for a guy who is truly lost!!!!

derby

Are You going to drive this off road only? One thing I think that gets lost is the safety factor.A truck like that was never engineered for public roads. I would hate to see what a 52" tire would do if the studs broke off. Not to mention the bad press brought to the MV hobby if there were a fatality.good luck on your search and be safe.

Streetgliderx

well i have three thing i would like to use it for.. first off i have 750acres and i always need a good winch to pull on a dozer tractor or log... never know but i think i would love to have one for some light off road..... and yeah i kinda wanted to ride the neighbor hood and let the guys on 44"s gawk at my big.....tires.

would large tires put more stresses on wheel studs than a loaded truck ? i mean bed loaded with ...what ever folks put in them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks