• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy!

houle747

Hi I'm from California and I'm interested in picking up a 2.5 or 5 ton for towing a trailer and equipment around 18k lbs. Need to figure out what engine and model would be the best for me. I know there are a few variations that set some apart frim others. I'm sure I'll be a problem after some searching and reading.
Thanks Jeff

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Indiana!

18k trailer you'll want the 5 ton. If you go with a M939 don't even ask what motor, (8.3 vs 250) that's like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge around here...

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Mass, and I agree 5ton and depending one how you are with modern tech issues will help you decide if you go older 800, 900 or newer 1000 series. If you don't have the skills, money, and equipment stay with the older trucks.

Good luck and enjoy!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... If you don't have the skills, money, and equipment stay with the older trucks.

Good luck and enjoy!
That's funny!

I think what you meant to say is "If you don't have the skills, money, and equipment stay away from all these trucks."

But they sure are fun anyway!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks