• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy

92ramaro

I've owned an MV for about 2 months now and it's been a time consuming, yet very rewarding experience so far.
Welcome from a fellow newbie.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to you and 92ramaro, good luck and have many hours of blood, sweat, and tears, but all's good in the end!

fasttruck

M 172 # 3.jpgDon't proceed to far without reading the reading: operators manual, organizational maintenance manual, lubrication order, parts book. These are in the 9-2320-260-10 series which can be found in the TM section on this site. There are over 40 grease points on a M818, 4 on the hand brake alone. Neglect them at your own peril. Grease is cheap. Parts cost money. Learn how the army light switch works, how to reset the emergency fuel shut off, how the prime the fuel system. The truck has 2 fuel tanks but only runs on 1 at a time. The switch on the dashboard changes the gauge to read the desired tank. To change the tank you have to operate a lever valve on the cab floor near the handbrake. It requires practice to do this while the truck is moving. Get this valve in any other position other than "left" or "right" and you will run the engine out of fuel. This is a bad thing. Does your truck have a winch ? Add about 7 more grease fittings ands carry spares of the authorized aluminum shear pins. Given a reasonable level of first echelon maintenance these things will go a long way, attention that was not always available or furnished in the mSNOW 1.2011 007.jpgilitary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks