• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy

RMK0U812

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been restoring and driving WWII vehicles the last 20 years. Never wandered over to this site before. Just bought my first M1114 from Govplanet and moving in to vehicles from my area. Thanks for this great forum and looking forward to new challenges. “Save our history and put them back on the road“

Matt
4 jeeps and a Humvee now

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been restoring and driving WWII vehicles the last 20 years. Never wandered over to this site before. Just bought my first M1114 from Govplanet and moving in to vehicles from my area. Thanks for this great forum and looking forward to new challenges. “Save our history and put them back on the road“

Matt
4 jeeps and a Humvee now
Welcome to the Outfit!

Don't forget to download your manuals. Even that simple "Dash 10" book that explains how to crank your truck - so you don't smoke the glow plugs...

Welcome to the group.

RMK0U812

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the welcome. Mullaney thanks for the heads up on manuals. Where can I download those manuals? I was just researching last night the correct manuals for my M1114 Humvee and getting ready to purchase them. I really like the paper manuals but having them on the iPad I’m learning is very convenient. I’m not much of a picture taker. I’ll be sure to do a better job of the progress on the Humvee after I get it here. For the requests for some pics here’s a few pictures that I still have on my phone. The most recent is a 53 CJ3a Navy jeep From Mare Island Naval ship yard. Interesting story. Then a few of my personal collection. A 41 MB slat grill and 42 Ford GPW awaiting restoration. Oh and a 45 MB true barn find. Completely all there down to the horse hair WWii canvas covered seats. At some time the original owner covered them with vinyl preserving them perfect. Found it up in NorCal actually in a barn. Then a 41 WC21 that I restored and shipped to a collector in the Netherland. Not in any particular order. The rest of the (years in the past) pictures of other MV’s are on hard drives now so not the most convenient to transfer back and post up. Sorry fellas at the end of the day I turn off the lights and go have whiskey not thinking about taking pic’s. Thanks again and looking forward to possibly meeting some of you at the local and national events.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the welcome. Mullaney thanks for the heads up on manuals. Where can I download those manuals? I was just researching last night the correct manuals for my M1114 Humvee and getting ready to purchase them. I really like the paper manuals but having them on the iPad I’m learning is very convenient. I’m not much of a picture taker. I’ll be sure to do a better job of the progress on the Humvee after I get it here. For the requests for some pics here’s a few pictures that I still have on my phone. The most recent is a 53 CJ3a Navy jeep From Mare Island Naval ship yard. Interesting story. Then a few of my personal collection. A 41 MB slat grill and 42 Ford GPW awaiting restoration. Oh and a 45 MB true barn find. Completely all there down to the horse hair WWii canvas covered seats. At some time the original owner covered them with vinyl preserving them perfect. Found it up in NorCal actually in a barn. Then a 41 WC21 that I restored and shipped to a collector in the Netherland. Not in any particular order. The rest of the (years in the past) pictures of other MV’s are on hard drives now so not the most convenient to transfer back and post up. Sorry fellas at the end of the day I turn off the lights and go have whiskey not thinking about taking pic’s. Thanks again and looking forward to possibly meeting some of you at the local and national events.

This is a good start....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks