• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new Hadley air horn for the deuce

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, just scored a Hadley 29" air horn for my deuce. I will not be replacing the stock air horn setup, merely adding a spare "big rig" horn in there for my own satisfaction, I guess. Cost me about $45 used on eGay, with all the hardware to install, in very nice condition. Sure beats paying $200+ for a brand new kit.

Here's a link to the Hadley website with the model I purchased:

http://www.hadley-products.com/catalog/Catalog.aspx?cmd=prd&div=3&cat=36&prd=26

Anyone here install their own air horns, different than the stock setup?

Elwenil

I had a set of Hadley air horns on my old show truck. They were the twin style and came as a complete kit with an air compressor, tank and all the lines and I bought the snow caps for them later. They worked great and were louder than hell. I still might get another set for the Ramcharger at some point, They were a lot of fun, lol. You can see them perched up on the roof in this pic:

Attachments

tjcouch

I have the same horn on my Jeep TJ . . . . I really like the tone!

(The funny thing is once I installed it, people stopped pulling out in front of me . . . go figure.)

The M35 will have no trouble keeping up with it . . . in theory . . . . but watch that air gauge to be safe- you will be surprised by the CFMs that horn consumes . . . . mine gulps a 1/2 gallon per second at 100 P.S.I. . . . let's see if my math is correct . . . that's 4 CFM.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Couch, you can regulate that down if you want. My Hadleys will get quite loud even as low as 15psi. I still think they sound best at 120, but they do work well at a much lower pressure.

msmith304

nothing moves traffic like a good air horn :) i added a set of 4 bell train horns to my 08' silverado with the air tank and compressor mounted under the frame, and they cut traffic like a knife- of course its in my blood from all the time i spend riding on the fire truck and ambulance... you'll love the new toy, and nobody can ever tell you they didnt hear you coming... even the deaf folks will feel the blast :wink: and of course they're good for pranks too but watch your target audience- some people dont handle a scare well. most people around here get a kick out of it though.

BEASTMASTER

had a friend worked for a gravel hauler a while back, had this old person in front of him on the highway, wasn't going fast enough for him and layed on the air horns, scared the guy off the road ,and the company got sued form the old goat.

Canislupus

Well, just scored a Hadley 29" air horn for my deuce. I will not be replacing the stock air horn setup, merely adding a spare "big rig" horn in there for my own satisfaction, I guess. Cost me about $45 used on eGay, with all the hardware to install, in very nice condition. Sure beats paying $200+ for a brand new kit.

Here's a link to the Hadley website with the model I purchased:

Hadley

Anyone here install their own air horns, different than the stock setup?
Go here... About 3/4 of the way down the thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/35175-forest-gump-88-m35a2c-recovery-kleiver-armory-6.html

THIS is a set of Air Horns...

It WILL clear the road ahead. And the spare 10 Gallon tank on the fender looks a bit like a 5 Ton.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks