• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Hampshire bob job

NORTHWOODS

I could not help it. I just had to do it! The BOB job has started. I removed the bed using an old heating oil tank and a couple of tires. Pulled it off with my tractor onto a trailer. The rear end was a bit#$. I then cut 35" off of the frame (used my plasma cutter). I removed the fuel tank and the stuff on the drivers side. This weekend i will put a set of front springs on the rear, and one of the axles. I plan on building a custom fuel cell to put in the truck bed.
This should be a fun project! I want to thank Dave from Eastern Surplus for the M105 trailer body, Tires, OD Iron wheels, and tires.

I have some questions:

#1 What rear axle do i use?
#2 When installing the rear springs, is there any thing i should pay extra attention to?
#3 I would like to replace the 2 air tanks. Larger air supply. Any ideas?

Attachments

gregary

Anybody know the cab to axle distance I should have if I use a 105 trailer box? Also, should the spring hangers be drilled out to use 1/2 inch bolts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks