• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here... bunch of LMTV questions.

Overdrive

So there's no lockers in these trucks?

That makes them a **** of a lot less capable off road :(

I thought they had both, but I'd be happy with at least one.
There are lockers available. Some folks say they have installed one but can't provide part numbers or company info so I am a non-believer on those...

However, I am pretty sure Eaton makes a version of the Detroit Locker for the Rockwell rear axle. Fan-foo-goo-tastik of an automatic locker and very heavy duty (designed for school busses and heavy trucks). I had one installed on an old 1989 Chevy Suburban with a 14bold full-floater rear end. It has some weird characteristics to it but not too obnoxious. I may just pick up the phone and get the part number myself. Looks like they run just under $1000.

OD

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Correspondence from Eaton on lockers:
The rear NoSPIN model is 225S-92 and front Truetrac LSD part # is 52840

Will,

The limited slip differential option for the Meritor R-611 family of axles was purposed and was included in some sales literature.
However since this axle was primarily for the government and they never ordered some, it was never introduced into production and never made.
So I can’t provide part numbers or any other details.

coachgeo

Correspondence from Eaton on lockers:
The rear NoSPIN model is 225S-92 and front Truetrac LSD part # is 52840

Will,

The limited slip differential option for the Meritor R-611 family of axles was purposed and was included in some sales literature.
However since this axle was primarily for the government and they never ordered some, it was never introduced into production and never made.
So I can’t provide part numbers or any other details.
Confused. Your post starts with part numbers then your quote from Eaton says no part #'s. Are part numbers you show the military #'s (for a parts that does not exist) or are they NOT from Eaton but a different company.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The numbers were provided by the first Eaton rep. He then referred me to the correct department who stated they were never produced for the military. It is my understanding some did exist at one time. Maybe not for the military but for the civ version of the lmtv truck that was sold as an expedition vehicle. Who knows. I searched far and wide with no luck and I am good at finding things.
Will

Shark Bait

The numbers were provided by the first Eaton rep. He then referred me to the correct department who stated they were never produced for the military. It is my understanding some did exist at one time. Maybe not for the military but for the civ version of the lmtv truck that was sold as an expedition vehicle. Who knows. I searched far and wide with no luck and I am good at finding things.
Will
The civilian version was a BAE Brazo here in the states I believe but went by another name in Canada. I think? It may help in searches.

Dave

Terrh

the civ trucks were sold in canada as the brazos I believe. I've never actually seen one with my own eyes, but I have seen photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks