• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here from central KS

biggaloot

Hello everyone, thanks for letting me join and I look forward to enjoying your forum. I'm a long time tinkerer with older machines, enjoy outdoors and fishing. Currently have rehabbed a M-715 and a motor cycle project or two. Will probably "lurk"/learn and enjoy more than post as I can always learn right? Have a good weekend all. Ed J. in KS

madmachinistm1a1

I just joined a few weeks ago.... amazing how much information is on here. Just this morning I was reading up on all the oils to use and not use for my duece. Oh , and welcome I'am a fellow central Kansasen too:-D

biggaloot

I'm in Hutchinson, haven't operated my 715 for a few years since I rebuilt most of it about 9 yrs ago. Not stock but not a monster mudder either. Bought some 715 defroster ducts from a fireman is Salina yrs ago.
Seen a M725 red ambulance in Garden a few weeks ago, was gonna stop and check it out but was short on time, and I have enough projects.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Looking at getting back into running my Kaiser again and thought this site would help get the MV juices flowing. Later

Added a pic of my 5/4 ton from a few years ago after our big ice storm

Last edited:

pawnee1959

Hello from Southeast Kansas, I'm new to Steel Soldiers myself. Originally from Western Kansas where most of my relatives are farmers. Lived in Hanston, Hutchinson, Dodge City & Ingalls before family moved to S.E.K. in 1972, since then I've lived in Iola, Pittsburg, Lawrence & La Harpe, VERY happy to say I've lived in the same house for 21 years now, but my heart is still out West where I grew up. Grandfather used army surplus vehicles on his farm, a M3 halftrack & a 1943 COE Chevy 4x4 1.5 ton. My collection is mostly helmets, guns & ordnance but I do have some half track armor & Sherman track parts (not for sale!) MVPA # 33636

Last edited:

pawnee1959

Hello Georgia! I've got a great uncle that lives in Marietta, GA. He was a B-29 pilot in WW2 and I think his son that was a Navy pilot in Vietnam lives in Valdosta.

blitzengine

That's cool as for me and the wife we are just passing trough Georgia(stationed here), in two years or less we will be moving back to Hutch.[thumbzup] Here on SS you will find a lot of knowlege and good people here.
:beer:

Last edited:

biggaloot

Small world...got a sister and brother in law at Warner Robins/Bonaire GA. Gonna move back when retired. GA been good to them though.

Magneto

Welcome also, I live near Salina, KS....as you have probably already noticed there is a wealth of information on this site, some with good doses of humor :)

pawnee1959

I know a fellow that I believe still lives in or near Salina that is a very interesting individual. He was born in Germany and was a child during WW2, remembers his city being bombed by the Allies. He used to run a foundry in Iola, KS and I believe he owns & operates a foundry now in Salina. He was a friend of my father's, and I used to make pretty good money as a teen selling his foundry cast iron. I still remember breaking junk engine blocks with a sledgehammer (pieces had to be small enough for one man to lift.)

91W350

WoW!!!! I had no idea there were this many members here in Central Kansas. I have a few M715 parts if you need something unusual. The price is right, help yourself. I had a fleet of M715s and M725s over the years, but unfortunately I have sold all of them except the parts truck. It is pretty bare, but what is there is priced right!

We do not have many foundries, so that place should be pretty easy to figure out! I suspect the name is on manhole covers all over town....

We were in Hutch last month and we saw a really nice looking M715 hauling a load of tree limbs.

The fireman the member mentioned buying parts from would be my younger brother. He has sold his M715 and his M725, he has a CJ that he uses in the rocks now.

We have been through Iola, Gas, La Harpe and back many times. I go that way to the Lake of the Ozarks in my CUCVs to avoid obstruction traffic on the Interstates.

It is a small world.. Welcome to SS. Glen

Attachments

biggaloot

There are a couple nice 715s running around here. Mine has been inactive for a few years. Actually thinking of selling or parting mine out and moving onto another project. Good to hear from everyone. Have a good week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks