• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here from Oklahoma

dwjmoto

Well I'm new here from Woodward Oklahoma I've been reading stuff on the site off and on for the last 3 days now trying to learn what I can about the M35A2 6x6 trucks, I've seen those trucks here and there before but never thought about owning one till I came across a Craigslist add last weekend and then started reading up on them more and then I found this place idk yet if I'll be getting one or not but I think it would be a very neat fun toy!

Darwin T

welcome neightbor from the north,
even thought i live in Texas, my frist deuce (1 of 3) came from OK. it all depends on what you want to do or from these trucks. they are awsome and very addictive. even if you don't pick an M35a2 there are other vehicals (both larger and smaller) that you may like. or maybe one of each. did i say they were addicitive! :shock: lots of answers on here.

have a great day.
kevin

OEFISHER

Welcome! There are a bunch of us Okies hanging around. Be careful though what you think will be a quick peek here can turn into hours reading and learning.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from another Okie.

We have a group of about 60+ guys here in Oklahoma and we try to plan some events thru out the year.

Our spring workday is coming up along with the Armed Force Parade in May, Forth of July Parade, Christmas Light Parade and annual Convoy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is another member from Woodward. Welder7018. Hvaen't seen him online in awhile.

dwjmoto

Well looks like there's a lotta okies on here and others around the area, so where would be a good place to start looking to find a M35A2 for sale and what's a good price depending on condition to give for one? The bobbers look really cool can they take on anything the 6x6 could or would the bobber not having as much traction contacting the ground and make it harder vs a 6x6? Guess I'm wondering what the pros and cons would be between a 6x6 or bobber, I know from what I've read so far a bobber sounds more user friendly to drive from day to day if ya were going to use it as a DD

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends on how much money you want to spend, how good you are at turning wrenches, if you are the type that has a credit card in hand, etc.

Buying from the government can get you a cheaper truck, but you have to be willing to take a BIG chance on what type of shape they are in. I have bought perfectly running trucks and I have bought them with a big hole in the block.

If you are not up to that task, then spend a little more money and buy one from someone that has made the gamble.

For an everyday driver, a bobber works well. For a work truck, a stock system will get the job done.

I like both. They each have their pros and cons.

Contact me if you have specific questions.

dwjmoto

Yea think I'm already coming down with the addiction and it gets worse the more I spend reading up on things on here lol. Well I've found a truck that came from Tinker AFB three years ago it looks nice in the pics I've seen and sounds like its been taken good care of I was wondering if any you others on here around me got or know of a truck for sale? I wanna see what other options might be out there before I decided on something :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks