• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here from Upstate NY

Wayne64SS

Hi guys I'm new from Upstate NY. Signed up even though I don't own a Deuce because I figured this would be the place to go for Spicer 3053/3052 knowledge. I'm a huge Detroit Diesel fan and I've got some trucks with Detroit repowers. This place is awesome.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the neighbourhood! Sorry - don't have a Detroit, buy won't hold it against you! I'm recently new to the "Cummins club" and learning fast'ish...

Wayne64SS

Welcome to the neighbourhood! Sorry - don't have a Detroit, buy won't hold it against you! I'm recently new to the "Cummins club" and learning fast'ish...
Awesome!!! Congrats on the newish cummins! There's nothing like the feeling of learning a new platform, thats the best part! Enjoy man, thanks for the warm welcome.

Wayne

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... and don't be in too much of a hurry to get that Duce...
'cause my "hook" isn't road ready yet (SF-97 etc., etc.) so I can't offer to tow it home! :)

You taking the V10 to Norwich car show this weekend? (They have ExMils there too)

Wayne64SS

'cause my "hook" isn't road ready yet (SF-97 etc., etc.) so I can't offer to tow it home! :)

You taking the V10 to Norwich car show this weekend? (They have ExMils there too)

LOL I'd probably drive the sucker home from w/e I ended up buying it. The v10 doesn't come out much, and I'm away camping all weekend. Wheres Norwich? Maybe I'll take Jimmy and swing in. Do they typically have a swap meet?

Welcome from Virginia, Worked on APC's with DD in them.
Thanks man! I hope to be down your way later this year for a diesel confab. You still have any connections to them APC DDs? I believe they should've been 6v53ts and all the newer military ****'s electronic. I need to find me one of them babys.

LanceRobson

Welcome to the asylum. you are near the Hudson-Mohawk chapter if the NY-PENN military vehicle collector's club. If you are at the Norwich show this weekend you'll see some of the members from all three chapters.

Home

What kind of deuce are you looking for. Some og the club members have trucks for sale and you'll find some fairly local ones in the classified ads from time to time.

The M113 family of vehicles started out with a Chrysler gas V-8 that was later replaced by a 6V53 normailly aspirated 215(?) HP engine driving a 3 speed automatic transmission that incorporated braking and steering functions. The brakes were controlled by two levers. Pulling one lever steered to that side, pulling both stopped the vehicle.

Lance

Wayne64SS

Not actively looking for a deuce at all right now. I simply have too many trucks as it is. Once I finish my 87k30 detroit repower I'll have some more room. Thanks for the links and info.

Whats the military using the 6v53ts in currently? I'm hot for a newer model.

RRworker

Welcome to the site, there is alot of info here. If your looking for info on the spricer trans. check out the tm section in the deuce forum. The a2's run the 3053a trans, not sure what tm will have the overhaul section maybe one of the more seasoned guys can chime in. there is also a member here that sells an overdrive kit to the 3053a. I've seen some of your builds on 4btswaps and quite impressed. I have a 6v53n that is either waiting for a truck (maybe a deuce) or to be sold off to a good home.

Howie

jeeplvr247

Welcome to the site. You should get a gamma goat, they have a detroit diesel and I can just about guarantee that none of your trucks are quite like a goat.

Wayne64SS

Welcome to the site, there is alot of info here. If your looking for info on the spricer trans. check out the tm section in the deuce forum. The a2's run the 3053a trans, not sure what tm will have the overhaul section maybe one of the more seasoned guys can chime in. there is also a member here that sells an overdrive kit to the 3053a. I've seen some of your builds on 4btswaps and quite impressed. I have a 6v53n that is either waiting for a truck (maybe a deuce) or to be sold off to a good home.

Howie
Howie would that 6v53 even fit in a deuce? I was under the impression they were kinda narrow under the hood. On that note I'd love a deuce with a Detroit, woulda been the perfect truck. I've also dreamt of a HUMVEE with a 6v53t.... if only i had more time and $$! Thanks for the warm welcome!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheres Norwich? Maybe I'll take Jimmy and swing in. Do they typically have a swap meet?
Take I88 SW to Oneonta then 23 West (about 45mins from "1onta") ... and yes it is a big muscle/antique car swap meet with some mil stuff. Not too much last year on the green side of things though.

FP1201

I had thought that an International/Navistar DT466 would be a good re-power for a Duce common, good power, inexpensive overhaul, and relatively the same size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks