• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Here-What Do I Have?

Richard D

This is my dad's truck. He's 70 years old and I am in charge of repairing/maintaining his three deuce trucks. I think this is an M35A3. This plate is on the dash.

It has power steering(not working) and automatic transmission. I want to know exactly what year it is, what model(M35A3?), etc. so I can research and keep this thing in good working order. We have a non-profit charity/emergency response organization, and use these vehicles to provide food to responders in event of an emergency. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

AceHigh

From Erik's excellent site: "M35A3 VIN numbers (serial numbers)
All trucks known so far have a VIN in the format 50xxxx where the last 4 digits were apparently numbered in sequence as the trucks were built. The VIN is stamped in the frame and on the dash data plate. Research so far indicates over 5,400 M35A3's were built; so the last truck made would have a VIN of 5054xx. The first truck should be VIN 500001 with the assumption the first VIN started as "0001" and incremented from there. Is your truck a lower or higher number or something other than 50xxxx? Let us know. The truck pictured is VIN 505451 and built in 1999. VIN 505496 is the latest that has been found, also built in 1999 by AM General under a 1999 contract date."

So it is an early production A3. Often the steering is easy, there is a valve on the dash that might be closed, otherwise some air tool oil can do wonders. Hard to say more not being able to see the truck or more info.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. Yes , you have an "A3" M35A3. It is an early modded truck. Probably '93-'94. My truck is a '96 and it s/n is 5024xx. Is there a registration # on the truck? Air Force trucks used the Date of manufacture as the first 2 digits. To properly maintain the vehicle you will need to find/down load the maintenance manuals/tech manuals (TMs). The operators manual is also a must, it will explain a lot of the questions you have. Very simple vehicle to maintain. Many A3 are real low mileage units, check/change the fluid, belts, and tires if needed.
And pictures, we love pictures!!
JC

dmetalmiki

Welcome to this site, hobby and friendships. Looks like you have an exellent entry oportunity there, so go for it, read up learn and implement the knowledge gained. then You, and your dad, if he is unable to the work on the trucks, can certainly enjoy the travel to, and events to come.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. If you need any assistance I am right up the road in League City.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, and a question for those who have A3's. Are the dataplates not like other MV's with the year on one of the plates?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks