• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here

Greywolf54

Just found this forum, you fellows are life savers. Last week I went looking for a transfer case for my Ford 750 and ran across an M35 collector. Now wife thinks I need to see a doctor, I asked her why, he have an army truck? From what I read on here there's no cure for it is there?
I like the M35A2 but a lot of the M923A2's available now but I don't want anything that is dependent on electronics! Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for the great forum

wb1895

Start smaller and get a Deuce first. Once you get the hang of the M35, then use the excuse that the deuce isn't big enough and you need the M923. Then you get BOTH of them!!!

Welcome to the green disease.........there is no cure

DieselBob

Welcome to the site. The type of truck is a lot of personal preference and you will find pro's and con's to them all. I like my deuce and a half, it's slow, noisy, hot in the summer and cold in the winter(no heater option) but it is stupid simple and I have fun driving it. To each their own and the important part is to enjoy what ever you decide on.

bigginstactical

There is no cure man! Its bad but oh so worth it! Haha! I'm halfway through my first project and already bought another rig :) I'd recommend a deuce just because they are so cool. It really doesn't matter what you get though you will end up with another one haha. Spend a few days on here and fill your head with knowledge before you take the plunge. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you get they are all awesome and a cool piece of history. Good luck and welcome to the Green side.

Smokinyoda

Im on my second m939 series truck... and starting to miss the simplicity of the deuce. Will probably sell out and go back to old faithful. Its proven itself for the last 50 years, and I really miss shifting gears!

What part of MO are you from? Ive got roots in SE MO myself, parents still live there.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, we call it "green crack", very addictive to say the least. Start w/ a Deuce like DeiselBob say, real easy to run and fix, fun to drive.
Then get another truck, that's why it's call a motor pool. Don't forget a MEP generator.....
JC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started with 5 tons, switched out to deuces when I could no longer sling the bigger brake drums and now I own only CUCVs.

Greywolf54

I gotta hand it to you guys, this if far better than going to AA! I do think that an M35A2 Deuce will be my starting point. Does the M923A2 have to have electronics to run? It’s a diesel, is there anything computerized to keep it from running? I think at some point “size does matter”!

215Dave

Welcome aboard! I'd say start with a M35 if its purely for recreational uses, to learn the basics. This is a great site to get your reading in on. Best of luck!

Greywolf54

Well, here is my first of, I hope many. M35A2 WO/W 1969 Keiser with air assist power steering and new tires, drives like a 13,000 pound Cadillac! And it does have a winch on it. Only had to fix the horn wire and now going through the doors to get them all greased. And finding all of the grease fitting’s that don’t work. Have a couple more found but need to get some more cash first. Back to work.

M35A2-03.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, good for you. Fiberglass racks and a winch. Clear her up and grease it real well. Look up the lube order for it, to many zerks can be missed. Check fluids and filters and try to keep it out of the weather and it will last forever.
Have fun
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks