• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new here

Smashville

Hi my name is David, call me Dave if you like doesnt matter.I live in Goodlettsville, a nice town near Nashville. I have a nice truck think it is a M-35 that I am driving around. last Easter i inheirited a lot and I mean a lot of military truck parts, found this site and promptly got ripped off, so im kind of happy about that NOT!

any way i saw about the auction in PA but its too far for me does anyone know if other stuff will be sold there can i bring my own or is it just a clearing house kind of deal? sorry...rambling

anyway back home after a couple months in Canadia thats what i call it, wrong i know but anyhow looking to see whats up with army trucks and see if i can help somen who wont rip me off. maybe i can learn to type better so i dont sound liek a total goofball

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. When you say you found this site and promptly got ripped off, what are you referring to? If you have parts to peddle, we do have a classified section.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dave, welcome back to the site. Sorry about the rip-off. Next time, only accept Postal money orders before shipping the item and you will be fine. What parts exactly do you have to sell? Post them up in the classified section. All of us need parts!

If the auction you are referrng to in PA is the Chambersberg Memphis Equipment auction, you can see the sale items on the auctioneer's web site. I doubt you can bring any of your own consignments. Looks like most of that stuff will be going to scrap.

rockman

Welcome from another tennessee member. For parts, make a good list, with prices and location, and post it in the classified section under the Resources heading at the top of the page. Folks like details and photos :-D

Bill

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smashville,

Welcome to the site. As for getting ripped off after joining that would be one heck of an accomplishment after only three posts. do you have any specifics as the rest of us would like to avoid having the same thing happen to us.

Follow the advice already given about accepting money orders or maybe even COD and post a list with all pertinent information in the classified section.

sw

PS How can you be driving a truck around and NOT know it's an M35? Just curious.

WarrenD

I think he's talking about the Redball meet/swap next weekend. From the other thread, sounds like dealer space is almost gone.
While I'm just a FNG here myself, it seems like a nice place, but as with any group (including family) there are always a few bad apples. Too bad you found one right out, but in future it might help the community to ID the scoundrels right away (if you did, great!)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smashville, I sent you several PMs about the stuff you had but never got a response. I can understand if you got ripped off by someone that you'd be cautious with people around here but I'd really like to come by your place and see what you have. I live in Dickson,TN. Let me know :wink:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks