• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new here

86k10

I will, but we are getting another round of snow again and it makes it terrible to do anything outside but i'll get to it as soon as I can. Just a quick question about what you might do if you were in this position. Anyway I have one that they have taken the intake and injection pump off and of course they didn't cover the engine and it has a big birdnest in the lifter valley and also needs a windshield and right hand glass. I'm debating parting it out or getting it running. So what would you do just for curiosity sake.

CCATLETT1984

I would get it running. worst case if the engine is bad you can get one complete for $300 or less. I would pull the heads and make sure nother got in the cylinders, then new gaskets and you'll be all set. I have two spare engines and can sell you any parts that you might need for a good price.

86k10

Yeh that's kind of what I was thinking, but then sometimes I get a little lazy and take the easy way out. Another thought I had was and don't hate me for this, if by chance I did get a chance to sell the axles, I may just slap a set of half tons in there and run it like that. I do have a spare 8.5 I got from Gov liquidation some time back and that would make a good use for it.

86k10

Yes that's true if I were going to be keeping it, but it would most likely be sold to someone around here probably a farmer for a runaround truck. But even at at hat it would make a real nice truck for someone even in half ton configuration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks