• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New HH o-rings now high idle??

Bill W

Took my deuce out today after doing new O-rings in the HH ( and new rear seal,oil.filters,clutch,pressure plate, tranny....) and after coming back she now idles at 1050rpm's which is 250 more than it was doing before changing o-rings. I rechecked the plunger shaft ( while truck was running )and it seems to be moving freely so I readjusted idle back down to 800rpms and she seems fine. Just for my educational purposes Any ideas

Last edited:

adamax

Just did the same thing to my deuce and had the same problem.I took the stop mechanism back out and put it back in and it fixed it, i dont know what it was but something wasn't in right the first time.

Bill W

Nope did all those also
I am also noticing that she takes longer to idle down after reving her up or between shifting gears. I think I'm going to loosen the two screws that hold the fuel control shaft on a little more. I am also starting to think that maybe I reclocked the the lever on the shaft wrong when I put it back on ( took it off to change the broken lock tab ). Glad I bought a package of 55 small o-rings...I just might need them all ;-)

Bill W

FOUND THE PROBLEM

I had the lever ( something you don't have to remove when doing a o-ring job ) on the shaft clocked wrong. It was suppose to be set at 87° on the (splined) shaft and I had it at 93° ( I swear I have Deslexia aua ). I now had to turn the idle screw back up to where it was previously and she seems to be her old self again.
Thanks for the input guys

Attachments

Last edited: