• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW HUMVEE 16.5 RIMS for my M1008!

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
Just got my New Rims from USA6x6.com. Took them 11 weeks. After 2 months I called and they forgot about me. They Charged My card the day I ordered. The rims are nicely made, but you have to assemble them. That includes 48 studs, drill 4 11/16 hoes for the valve stems. Then try and get the o-ring, and bead lock to stay in place when you assemble them. I thought I was going to get them "Complete and ready to run" as advertized. Then 2 weeks after I called them and reminded them, they called and told me they cant do 2" offset. Only 3". I said that was ok, thinking 1" would be 1/2" on each side of the tread. WRONG, 1" is 1" towards the outside. Owell, to say the least im disapointed. I would pay extra to have them assembeled. They told me they send all their rims out disassembled. Owell, Anyone want to buy some really nice rims? I am going to list them on EBAY. I paid $740 + 141 shipping =$921.00. I would sell them for 700.00 and you wont have to wait 3 months. I put the one rim back in the box. Includes all the studs,nuts,valve stems, and o-rings. Will also fit a M1009, of course.
"Some Assembly Required!"
Kevin...
decodeme@comcast.net

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, at least they are consistant. I have not heard any good about their products. Got to love that customer service!

M1075

Yes, sounds familiar, very familiar. I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with USA 6x6. Were you not aware of their "issues", or did you try to just give them the benefit of the doubt?

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was told by them to drill out the valve stem and replace them with the ones they included. (look like car/truck replacements) I figured they had years of experience and would not mislead me. I never did get far enough to putting air in them. Kevin..
Yes I figured wrong.
80.00? for 4? or each?...

CCATLETT1984

Those will not fit the m1009, since they are 6lug (unless you are planning on swapping on the dana 44 8lug hubs and putting a 14bolt axle in the rear)

Using those "regular" valve stems is plan stupid, the AMG ones are darn near indistructible. I only carry a spare valve core or two, for if the little seal on it dies.

For the m1008 you should have got ~4.5" of backspacing. 3" places the tires out too far and you would destroy the fenders the first time you turned.

I am sorry for your grief.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No big surprise. I guess a leopard really cant change it's spots. Sorry for your frustrations Kevin. Maybe Pirate 4x4 would be a decent place to market them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooops, I did not know that! He seems pretty effective at burning his customers. I wonder if a class action suit would be worth the effort? Kevin, I really feel for ya man, the stories just keep mounting.

dilvoy

A better choice than using a friction fit rubber valve stem assy might possibloy be to use one from a dually pick up. They need a round hole, but install from the inside and use a washer and a nut on the outside hold them in place. The washers are cupped to allow for the rubber part of the stem assy that is protrucing through the rim to spread out and then be compressed. I have done this to a 12 bolt Humvee rim and it works great. These Dually valve stems come in different tip lengths, but the shortest is the best, because it it less likley to be struck while off road. They are also rated for higher pressure than the big tires normally would ever use too. I have damaged one of those indestructible AMG extension block/shrader valve stem contraptions while off road and decided that it was for the birds. They look cool so I'll keep them for my on road tires and wheels, but the off road setup will be modified. :D

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys,
Live and learn..I will try the dually stems!. Sounds great ! Thanks!, Any one got a set of 12 bolt factory hummer wheels for sale? I will even buy the tires if mounted..
Kevin...

BKinzey

Bad customer service? Sure that's a problem they have but I have not heard anything bad about the products.

Sorry, I don't see anything bad about "assembly required." You have to assemble them to mount a tire :roll: What's so hard about putting in the bolts?

The valve stems do suck though. I'm trying to trace down a supplier that's cheaper than AMG. I did see the valves, or some similar since I couldn't see if they had the same funky rectangular hole, on heavy equipment made by "JLG Lifts." I have yet to contact them though.

I just don't see pounding in lugs and possibly drilling 4 holes as much of a problem :? :? :?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BKinzey said:
Bad customer service? Sure that's a problem they have but I have not heard anything bad about the products.
Do a search for USA6x6 on this site or Pirate4x4 or the IFSJ site or the 715 Zone or just type "USA6x6 problems" into google and you'll find all sorts of issues.

BKinzey

Of the numerous threads I have read most have been about bad service. Usually long delays in getting the product and having been charged before the product was shipped.

I'd also venture most of those posts praised the product and workmanship once they got it. However I also remember a specific post on some re-centered rims that were out of whack and pics of a damaged rim lip that was "repaired" poorly.

Specifically to this thread, other than the valves, I don't see a problem with the product.

nattieleather

Almost every post I've read about US6X6 has been a combinations of poor customer service and poor quality products. I remember when one guy was getting ready for some truck challange thing and the parts he got had to be remanufactured in order to make them work. I have yet to read one positive thing about this guy and being in a customer service business it blows my mind that he is in business still. If I got the kind of bad press he has I would be out of work. Huh maybe that's what I'm doing wrong I'm producing quality items and giving great customer service maybe I should stink too and then I'll be rolling in the dough....LOL.

Sorry to hear your problems with them as well Kevin.