• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New IH MV coming home soon

tcody

Well - thought I would post a pic of the newest MV in my collection. Hope to have it home in a week or two. Needs engine work so if anyone has a IH DV-550 motor around let me know.

Attachments

You'll find the "back-up warning device" interesting if it works. A little bell in the hub or the axle that clinks as the wheels turn backwards. My guard unit had one for a while. The maintenance shop threw out the wood ladder that came with the truck, said it was too old and they ordered an aluminium ladder for it. The electricians that used the truck weren't happy.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool! If you wanted a 6x6 you could always find an IH donor truck of that vintage. It seems to me that there were some Marmon-Herrington conversion trucks of that era.

It's sweet just like it is though. Have fun with it!

What's wrong with the engine?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bed reminds me of the old V-17 telephone maintenance deuces. Probably not very roadworthy off-road, but looks very useful for on pavement. Very nice truck!

Smokindieseldually

What a great unit.Seems very very useful....let's see if i get it all,ok....it is a winch truck,a crane truck,a bucket truck,a auger truck,a grapple truck and a service truck all in one?The only disadvantage I could think of is the fact that it is not six wheel drive..but then again thats what a deuce is for.Any way thaught I would contribute my two cents worth on what a multi-purpose, universal unit that old IH seems to be.Great find and good luck with it.

Smokindieseldually

Before the negative replies come I :oops: better correct my statement the "six"in "six wheel drive" is in reference to a singled out deuce,My bad i meant it to be a referance to all wheel drive or 10 wheel drive in this particular application.....i should review my post more carefully in the future.My appologies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks