• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New In Indiana

DieselBob

Welcome to the best site for information there is. Many knowledgeable people and a great group of folks. Good luck on the MV purchase. Just remember there is no such thing as just owning one MV. :-D

creekrider

I have been doing a lot of reading here. Is there a section that walks you through the GL process? I know it is probably old hat for most but if you have never done it before it is intimidating.

Thanks
creekrider

L999here

...good 2011 start...

Welcome to Steel Soldiers...!!! Glad to see another 'HOOSIER' aboard....and another from N. IN. Don't be shy about asking questions here ....and do a lot of reading in the threads. The knowledge here is vast and members are quick with answers to specific questions. And yes...one MV is NEVER ENOUGH....LOL....

creekrider

I have been doing a ton of reading, I think this sight is going to be hard on the wallet and trying to explain to the wife why I "need this".

Creekrider

L999here

...First of all...

Guess someone should have told you before this...BUT...better late than never. The first thing for you to do...if not prior military,is to get the wife a ride in an MV. This will likely get her acclimitized to OD iron and you should have an easier time getting stuff. My wife only rolls her eyes when I get another 'item' and calls my Ferret a 'green frog'. If she only knew how much I actually have...LOL....

creekrider

I think I will be able to get the wife on board just will take some time she doesn't even blink an eye when I buy a gun anymore.

Sirmtow
If you get the M35A3 I would love to take a ride, That is what I have been eying

Creekrider

BloodCarver

Welcome to the forum. If you are just starting out into the MV scene and have no prior experience with MVs, I suggest "small steps" and go with the CUCV series(1 1/4 ton pickup truck variants = M1008s, M1010s,M1028s, M1031s or the 3/4ton blazers = M1009s)
My CUCV is a M1008 pickup that is pictured in my avatar. They are a little easier to cut your teeth on versus a Deuce or larger MV. Just be warned once you get one piece of Green Iron you will want more! :grin:

It all depends on your needs and goals. (Not to mention wallet and storage space. [thumbzup]

Again welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier in North East IN.

Last edited:

epitts

Also new in Indiana

I too am new to the site and live in Terre Haute Indiana. I won a auction out of Fort Knox and EUC was sent to Battle Creek on 12/8/10. I will now wait to go pickup my NEW (to me) M1009. A little about myshelf, I retired from the Air Force and ANG in 2007 after 28 years as an E-8. I now work in a local diesel shop as a comuter/Web manager. Looking forward to playing with the M1009. Have spent many hours on this site reading and down loading needed info and the TM's. If's rubber replace it, If it is elec clean it.

Thanks

Eric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks