• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New in Maine

98XJSport

Hi everyone. New guy located in western maine, ran acrossed this forum looking for more info. Looks llike I have lots of reading to do. I "might" have a chance at picking up a deuce with no bed for a good price, have been doing what research that I can. I am a jeep guy, but that project is pretty much finished and I am looking for something else. Plan is to get something that is reliable, I hope to be spending time way off the beaten path. After that, turning the back into an enclosed camper in a sense, with a couple of fold down cots. Hoping to be able to drive way out and camp out to get some good fishing and peace and quiet.

197thhhc

Sounds like a great plan. you may be able to find the box from the rear of a M109 and use it for a camper.

Welcome to the site, you will find all the info you need here.:grd:

98XJSport

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Farmington myself and have ventured into the mountains often in my Jeep. There's not much room in that however and no room for sleeping. Instead of buying a small teardrop camper and lifting that I think I would be better working off a military platform. Plus it's way cooler. I'm finding out they are very rare these days, mostly in use by fire departments. Would have thought with limestone closing they would be common, Schotts must have bought them all up.

Last edited:

98XJSport

We may be, I spend a lot of time all over the western mountains.
I've heard rumor of a 1942 deuce for sale needs a steering box bearing. Hard part to find and change? Is it worth going after one this old?

power wagon

We may be, I spend a lot of time all over the western mountains.
I've heard rumor of a 1942 deuce for sale needs a steering box bearing. Hard part to find and change? Is it worth going after one this old?
might not be a rumor, i think there is one in your area

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks