• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New-ish Guy from Oklahoma

MajesticSyntax

I have been a lurker on this site for years now, but since I didn't actually own an MV or have any experience with them, I never really felt the need to post anything.

Anyways, last November I bought my first truck. An M35a2c from an awesome guy on here named StreetBikeDepot. He was very helpful. I figured then maybe I would start posting things, but most any question or problem I have ever had has been covered already, so that wasn't really the case. This place really is great.

Well this week I decided to take the plunge and just introduce myself and my truck and maybe just get the chance to actually get to know some of you guys a little better.

My name in Cameron and my truck is a 1972 AM General M35a2c. I have bobbed the truck and cut down the original bed. It has 14.00R20 Goodyears mounted on custom wheels from Marsh Racing. I had a friend build me a track bar for the rear end to help fight the insane axle wrap this thing produces. I'll post some pictures of that since I haven't actually seen any posted in the forum before. I added a winch to the truck in July and am slowly working on getting the thing painted. It seems every day I get off it is either really windy or really rainy. Oh well. Progress will be made.

I just wanted to say "hello" and thank you all for having such a helpful, welcoming place.

-CEM

Attachments

Last edited:

MajesticSyntax

looks good, I magine it is fun to load/ unload that spare.
Haha, yeah. I haven't devised a practical way to handle that yet, but I am thinking one of those little 1000lb hoists mounted to the bed up near the cab on the passenger side.

I have had to use that spare though, and I was glad I had it.

And thank you.

M813A1

Great we can welcome another OKIE !! Glad to see you on board !!! Come on over to the Fall Workday at the Streetbike Depot in Tuttle Ok. Oct 3rd !!!

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Howdy... glad to see another Okie as well. I don't have an MV anymore (had alot when I was in the military, :-D ) but I still manage to post a few things on here.

MajesticSyntax

Looks good.

I like your Sunkist holder on the last picture.
Hey, it works surprisingly well. I had a makeshift cup holder made out of a coat hanger in the thing for a while, but it was removed when I painted the dash. In the future I plan to fab up a nice sturdy one.

And thanks again to all of you guys.

-CEM

2Deuces wild

Very Sexy truck. So you do know how to turn on a red neck girl:oops: Have you been talking to my hubby. :-D

Attachments

MajesticSyntax

Thank you 2Deuces. I'm on the lookout for a nice redneck girl, so maybe the truck can be my wingman. That's a real nice setup you have there. I really like that motorcycle; I've always wanted an old bike, but gosh, they cost more than a deuce!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks