• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New jarhead from Edwards AFB

olverama

Hey... Ive been lurking for a while but only recently picked up my first deuce.

Im an active duty Marine just a few months from retirement. Im currently stationed on an Air Force base which is a unique situation.

I actually went in on this deuce with another person, so when we sell this one, my goal is to get one form myself. I have never owned any sort of military vehicle before. so this is completely new to me...Prior to this I was strictly an air cooled VW guy.

Im looking forward to getting deeper in this hobby....

Micah

Bighurt

Welcome and good luck.

The addiction can be bad at times...

I knew a couple AF guys out of Edwards and I've been there a few times. Why was you unit attached to Edwards is what I can't figure out.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Just watch out since once that 6x6 bug bites the next thing you know you're bidding on 5 ton trucks all over the U.S. and before you realize it you have several of them and the housing office is knocking down your door. :) I think that's why my Air Force wife won't let me buy a place off base.

Also, even though anyone with a brain knows how to find out where Edwards AFB is we have some hot headed rules Nazis around that demand people put down the state they are in on their location in their profile. Some weird thing about "it's a site requirement". So you might want to update your location before you face the wrath of a moderator. :)

Anyhow, glad to see another new face join in on the OD fun.

Ruppster

olverama

Welcome aboard. Just watch out since once that 6x6 bug bites the next thing you know you're bidding on 5 ton trucks all over the U.S. and before you realize it you have several of them and the housing office is knocking down your door. :) I think that's why my Air Force wife won't let me buy a place off base.

Also, even though anyone with a brain knows how to find out where Edwards AFB is we have some hot headed rules Nazis around that demand people put down the state they are in on their location in their profile. Some weird thing about "it's a site requirement". So you might want to update your location before you face the wrath of a moderator. :)

Anyhow, glad to see another new face join in on the OD fun.

Ruppster
noted... and taken care of... thanks for the heads up...
Side note though... I dont actually live on base.. I live in a tiny town outside the north gate with a very creative name... North Edwards.. haha

Welcome and good luck.

The addiction can be bad at times...

I knew a couple AF guys out of Edwards and I've been there a few times. Why was you unit attached to Edwards is what I can't figure out.
When MCAS Tustin and MCAS El Toro closed, 2 reserve aviation squadrons and 1 site support element moved here... the main reason that they came here was there was no more room at MCAS Miramar (which had just changed from a NAS). AND they still needed a place closer to L.A. for the reservist to do their montly drill..
The CH-53E squadron was decommissioned about 2 years ago leaving just the CH-46E squadron here. the CH-46E squadron is due to receive MV-22 Osprey in the near future and we will then leave and head to either Camp Pendleton or Miramar.... my guess is Camp Pen...

Bighurt

When MCAS Tustin and MCAS El Toro closed, 2 reserve aviation squadrons and 1 site support element moved here... the main reason that they came here was there was no more room at MCAS Miramar (which had just changed from a NAS). AND they still needed a place closer to L.A. for the reservist to do their montly drill..
The CH-53E squadron was decommissioned about 2 years ago leaving just the CH-46E squadron here. the CH-46E squadron is due to receive MV-22 Osprey in the near future and we will then leave and head to either Camp Pendleton or Miramar.... my guess is Camp Pen...
My brother was stationed at Pendleton, I lived in Temecula for awhile.

I remember when El Toro closed and Miramar changed over. The Air shows were never the same...

Change can be good, but it's an expense area around Pendleton...to live on the economy. I don't think BAS and BAH are enough sometimes... thankfully I live no where near there...LOL

Take care and have you looked into the drivers license requirement for the M35. If you have the misfortune to have a CA license might want to check into that...