• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Kid on the block (FL)

Blue04SRT

Hey fellas. Let me apologize right now for the unnecessary length of this post, but I am just extremely excited! I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself seeing as I have been surfing these forums for all of about two days. To begin, I'm an 18 year old High School senior who likes to spend time tinkering around with my family's vehicles, especially a mild project car, an 2004 Dodge SRT-4 ( hence, the name Blue04SRT). I have always had a very keen interest in anything having to do with the military, especially vehicles and weaponry. As I have previously stated, I am a serious GearHead, but I only have a mild knowledge and lesser experience working with engines. Despite my rather basic knowledge, I like taking on "project cars", and I love messing around with engines and doing work myself. As my studies have progressed, I have become more interested in Turbo Diesel trucks. The other day, I spotted two military trucks on the way to an airshow (positive that they were M35's), and was fascinated. To fuel my interest further, a family member said that these vehicles could be had for relatively cheap. I just about went beserk at the possibility of owning an M35, and proceeded to look up this forum. I look forward to researching these vehicles and surfing these forums, and I hope to one day own one of these impressive vehicles, and working on it as a project. I have been bitten by the M35 bug, and now have an itch that only ownership can satisfy. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Loony Bin.:cookoo:

Our motto: We don't need no stinking 12 step program.

There are several members in FL that can help you in your quest to become a "green iron addict".

Some of them are sure to chime in and send you contact info.

Walking.plow

I share your enthusiasm ( I needed my computer help me spell that). Personally I am after an M35A2 Cargo Truck with winch, 2 1/ 2 Ton, 6X6, and a Multifuel Engine.
Happy hunting
Mike

PS. this is my first reply here. hope i don,t screw it up.
:grd:

Blue04SRT

Thanks for the support and replies guys! The responses are much faster here than in any other forum I have been to. I just looked up some m35's on craigslist and looked back here and had 3 responses already!

mattg2448

Maybe if you want a cheap project truck, you could get one off of government Liquidation, from what i hear, they sell some pretty good fix 'em uppers. But for a nice truck a private seller would be a good choice.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The west Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the young'un from Florida aboard:smile: Find a bunk, stow your gear and prepare to get underway:driver: As previously endorsed, we're all a little crazy around here and kiinda proud of it. :cookoo: In spite of any mental instability that the general public may think we suffer from, please let your parents know that you really are in good hands. There is a lot of wisdom, mentorship, guidance, knowledge, and harassment here to go around. Just watch out for the old farts who may poke some fun at ya. They really are well intentioned. Just remember that feeding them pictures tames them.

Again, WELCOME ABOARD:!:

poppop

Welcome aboard from Ga. It appears you are only slighty infected so my advice is RUN BOY, RUN. If you ever sit in one let alone drive one you are doomed for life. They can be bought very resonably if you are patient. I have a nice Duece I got from Gl for $1400.00. I have 3 fixer uppers I got for $1000.00 each so they are out there. So happy hunting and let me be the first to invite you to the Ga. Rally next October. You don't have to have a truck to come and I guarentee you will have a blast.

LanceRobson

They make an ointment that will cure that itch....:roll:

That said, welcome to the herd!

"My name is Lance and I'm an addict..."

What part of Florida are you in?

Matgg2448- welcome! There are a gazillion threads here on the pluses and minuses of buying direct from GL. I'd suggest starting a thread with a title something like "New guy in(insert your town and state) looking for advice" and try to meet up with a few folks who have already done what you want to do. With way over 10,000 members the site has a lot of experienced folks.

There are a lot of active MV collector clubs around that have a wealth of folks who would help.

Good luck.

Lance

SixSpeed

Banned
Greetings from another student! Welcome to the site...and addiction. ;-)

Let me know if you need help finding a truck, or if you want to check one out in person! Hope to see you on the trails!

FM5332FF

Welcome to the site, There are a bunch of other members here in FL, Just find the FL member regestry. Oh, and after you buy one, There is no looking back. I recently moved on up to a M813a1 5 ton That will be here next week some time.:jumpin:
Chris.

phil2968

Welcome to SS my friend, and to the green iron addiction! To bad you missed the 2010 Florida rally! Do a search and drool over the great vehicles that showed up! If you don't mind a ride to Lakeland I would be more than happy to "introdeuce" (get it?) to an M35, or in my case a M109 shop van truck.

My cell # is in my signature line. Feel free to give me a call. There are several SS members in the Tampa Bay area that can be helpful in your newfound hobby. Take all the advice you recieve on this site as gospel, they are seldom wrong.

Look up the Florida member database thread and post your contact info, sixspeed is working on a member map I think.:mrgreen:

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Glad to see another Tampa member. I'm at the Air Force base. I don't have any green stuff at the moment but I do have some big stuff. One of my interests is in Dodge big rigs. I have a web site for them at www.dodge-semis.com. I just worked out a deal for a 1972 Dodge CN900 with a Detroit Diesel 8V71 engine and a 13 speed Roadranger. I'm also trying to get a Dodge D800 from another gent that was an Air Force tractor (I prefer my MV"s in Strata Blue). My current play toy is a 1974 International 4370 semi truck that I just drove all the way here from Alaska. It has a Cummins SC 350 with a 13 speed Roadranger transmission. If you would like to chat on the phone send me a pm and I'll give you my cell phone number.

Phil, can I get in on the tour also? I'll even bring Blue along if he needs a lift. :-D

Ruppster

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks