• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW LESO Gensets MEP003A MEP002A

Maverick1701

I went to Ft Sill last week to pick a load of LESO stuff.

Along with other cool toys, I brought back 3 generators.
MEP003A, MEP002A, and a smaller genset that I forgot to snap pictures of.
All the gensets were in B4 condition score which is pretty dang nice!
All three cranked right off w/no problems once we got them home.
I took some video just a few mins ago that I will upload later.

We are also applying for 2 30K trailer mounted gensets along w/some other cool new toys.

Our plans for these gensets (especially the one thats now on the trailer) involve being towed behind our incident command vehicle to supply power to all the command areas during fires, wrecks, other natural disasters etc.

Pics below! because as we all know...pics or it didnt happen!

Attachments

derf

Government agencies get first crack at surplus stuff. Fire departments, cops, etc., can apply for and receive equipment at no cost.
I think every Sheriff and City Police office should have a couple of Deuces. But, most don't understand the potential usefulness and shy away from cost of upkeep.

axlr8

so does that mean if i can con my local fd to get a deuce they can get one for free?! and then i can wrench on it for em!?

axlr8

does it matter if they are a voluteer fd? this is good news! can someone explain how i can go about doing this paperwork and more details?

derf

derf thats for police only not fire dep....

Did you try the last link?

LESO is Law Enforcement, but there are other programs that allow govt. agencies to get stuff. I know some Fire Departments have big red Deuces and I know they did not buy them new.

axlr8

ohh well now its time to dream up a creation of a deuce for our fd.... thanks to all in the thread!!! this might be a good start to an eagle scout project, i hope!!!

NEIOWA

Fire Dept (vol included) go thru state forester. FEPP has been around since Korean War and a loan program (US Forestry has title). New program is FFP (similar to LESO) and FD get title. Not all states area active in FEPP and less in FFP.

I've rebuilt my FD with DOD surplus equipment.

Hopefully FFP will not go the way of the LESO program where big problems with corrupt cops (see largest upper midwest city/county on a lake) raking in huge qty of DOD surplus, sitting on it for the requried 2yr, then selling it to backfilll the donut and scholarship fund. Vol FF rather than paid cops, do the math. I think FFP will be ok.

Maverick1701

Fire Dept (vol included) go thru state forester. FEPP has been around since Korean War and a loan program (US Forestry has title). New program is FFP (similar to LESO) and FD get title. Not all states area active in FEPP and less in FFP.

I've rebuilt my FD with DOD surplus equipment.

Hopefully FFP will not go the way of the LESO program where big problems with corrupt cops (see largest upper midwest city/county on a lake) raking in huge qty of DOD surplus, sitting on it for the requried 2yr, then selling it to backfilll the donut and scholarship fund. Vol FF rather than paid cops, do the math. I think FFP will be ok.

^ lol

not all dpts are like that

having said that....I have to poke a little fun otherwise this would be SS

Thankfully I was able to stop eating doughnuts and listing our extra stock of military equipment on ebay long enough to find the link to the Fire version of LESO
Guess I wont be able to totally fill up the county coffer today w/my ebay profit...dang!

Fire DOD program link:
https://www.dispositionservices.dla.mil/usdafs/SearchEngineWrapper?type=usdafsHome

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks