• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new locking door handles installed

chp925

well i got a package to day with some locking door handles for my 923 i figure some of you guys might like to see these. they claimed to be a direct fit and they were here are some pictures.

oh i forgot i got these from a shop called ccw military vehicals it came with a cool sticker
thanks
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

greg burns

chp925:
A google search on the name you mentioned, "ccw military vehicles" just turns up postings about concealed carry laws. Do you have a website or mailing address for them? Thanks.

ntxcop

Caliber1 sells the same locking handles here on Steel Soldiers - in the parts classified section. I've purchased a set from him in the past, they come primed, ready for paint, and were keyed the same (with 4 keys). He sells them for $50 a pair and he ships them for $6.

RedBlok

Caliber1 sells the same locking handles here on Steel Soldiers - in the parts classified section. I've purchased a set from him in the past, they come primed, ready for paint, and were keyed the same (with 4 keys). He sells them for $50 a pair and he ships them for $6.
Thanks - I think he has been out of stock for a while. I had left him a message, but had not heard back yet. That is why I was interested in you post. I emailed CCW today, hopefully they respond. All I need is their website. Any chance you have that?

chp925

i paid 60.00 shipped they were direct bolt on no mods needed with security screws and the bit for the screws. oh and they came keyed alike with 4 keys also and were painted green i did repaint them black but after talking with ed he said i could of ordered them green,black,brown oh well i did pick up a rear step ladder from them today i got tired of carrying a ladder to get in the back i'm getting to old and fat to climb in the back of this thing lol. i will post pictures of the step ladder tomorrow after i install it.

RedBlok

i paid 60.00 shipped they were direct bolt on no mods needed with security screws and the bit for the screws. oh and they came keyed alike with 4 keys also and were painted green i did repaint them black but after talking with ed he said i could of ordered them green,black,brown oh well i did pick up a rear step ladder from them today i got tired of carrying a ladder to get in the back i'm getting to old and fat to climb in the back of this thing lol. i will post pictures of the step ladder tomorrow after i install it.
I am very interested in the Ladder pictures.

chp925

sorry guys i got off work late so ill be installing it tomorrow so i will post pictures then and back in the garage the folding ladder goes and my wife can stop asking for the ladder to put up the holloween stuff lol.
i did try the one they had installed on a 5 ton at there shop it was so nice it just felt like you were just walking into the back of the truck it is cool how they spaced the steps to give you that feeling. well ill post pictures tomorrow

JxxxOxxxE

I can't tell from the first pic, but does the indention part look hand ground?

For about 5 minutes of work, search google for "B2394". I bought 4 from Kaffenbarger for $7.83 a piece...

i had to cut maybe 1/4" from the length, then grind the indented part, and bolt them on....I'll post a pic later if anyone wants to see them for comparison...I think they're the same as the OP...

just a suggestion, as I'm cheap and didn't want to spend $50-$60 on 2 handles...

phat6

I would like to order a set of these locking door handles. Would you please post the manufacturer and part number info and/or ordering info for these? Thanks.

well i got a package to day with some locking door handles for my 923 i figure some of you guys might like to see these. they claimed to be a direct fit and they were here are some pictures.

oh i forgot i got these from a shop called ccw military vehicals it came with a cool sticker
thanks
rob

tobyS

Kaffenbarger site then put in B2394, phat6...duh.

Thanks JOE. Good find! Makes $60 seem a bit high.

JxxxOxxxE

Kaffenbarger site then put in B2394, phat6...duh.

Thanks JOE. Good find! Makes $60 seem a bit high.

No problem...I wanted to post pics to compare them. I dont have a pic of the other ones sold in the Classifieds, but I wouldnt be surprised if they were the same...I think the ones I pictured look the same as the OP...

I figure most everyone on this site has at least some tools since the trucks can require so much work/maintenance. Although, I'm sure there are others that won't balk at the $60 due to not enough time, or no tools, or just want to bolt them on reasons...

That type of handle is what I found when originally searching Google for trailer box handles...

EDIT: as another bit of info, if I remember right, the screws are 1/4 x 20 in size (ill verify it tomorrow). McMaster has quite a selection of different head types, including spanner, torx, and security torx here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=p8nvyf

Last edited:

tobyS

OK, well, they are handling them and apparently painting and grinding the relief, so doing something for the markup.

JxxxOxxxE

I'd say with the proper tools you can complete the set in 10 minutes or so, for a large run of them, maybe faster with a jig setup for the cutting and grinding..but there's no doubt that a company doing them has overhead...the tools, the guy doing them, the blasting, the paint, and so on....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks