• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new look for my 1031,

army98

Well I did it, found a 84 and stripped it , too bad it was not a mv but it looks :roll: ok guess kind of like a backward mullet , party front businss in rear..... oh yes there is pic,s. before and after.....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Confused . . . did you put the civy cab and clip on the mil chassis to get the A/C or did you put the SECM bed and mil front bumper on a civy truck??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Naw, just doors and front clip. The cab has no drip rails, it's a mil cab. Oh, rolling stock was changed too.

MARCO1031

There must be some specific reason to have removed the drip edge on these trucks. From the looks of the civi trucks the drip edge is the point where the roof is joined to the rest of the cab structure. To remove the drip edge and join the roof in a different way seems like a lot of labor just for a smoother look.

army98

I think it was cheaper for chevy, I thought about installing the ac but too much work I only had a small amount of time to do he switch. I replaced doors, fenders hood grill .... only sheet metal. I do have a crome bumper but probaly will not put it on.

AJMBLAZER

No, they are not unless GM took a lot of time to cover up the screws. My '89 K5 has the infamous peeling paint of the era and there's not a screw to be seen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The drip rails on blazers are part of the top, that is why the 1009s still have them. Drip rails on pickups are bolted in place IIRC.

acmunro

No need to look into it. Its the truth. I thought this discussion was about trucks ie M1031. As I said in my post "trucks of the CUCV era". I have a M1009 and realize they are steel and part of the roof.