• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LTBs mounted...pics

jimmy-90

Been workin on my M1028 some more. I got a set of 34X10.50X16" super swamper LTBs on sale for $604.00 shiped. I wasn't sure if they would fit without hitting the front fender wells when I went to back out of my driveway or not. Figured it was a crap shoot but I decided to order them in that size and see. If they did hit I could always put in an add-a-leaf kit to make them clear. So today I decided to mount them myself with a set of old tire spoons,sledge hammer,soapy watter,valve stem tool and alot of jumping up and down. To get the old tires off of the rims I used I had to have someone stand on them while I pulled the truck back and forth over the sidewalls but finally they popped off. The reason I did all this myself is because the last time I had a set of tires mounted and balanced at the tire store they charged me like $135.00. I figure all the hard work was easily worth it to save that much money. I just didn't wory about balanceing them lol. These tires work great. The truck finally does 55mph and will sustain it. As for the ride. I think it rides really smooth for a super swamper tire even in spite of not being balanced. But I also used to drive around in a 2800lb toyota with boggers on it. Now that was a rough ride.

Attachments

mtjbrown

Thats the kind of truck I just picked up for $2K!! Mine runs great, need new tires do they rub??? I like your tailights, where did they come from? I work at a truck parts place so I have an in for led lights:-D

Mark

jimmy-90

Nope the tires don't rub at all with my stock suspension luckily. I got the taillights and boxes from Northern Tool. The back-up lights came from the local truck supply store out here. Lol they are a definate improvement over the stock ones.