• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M-920

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Folks and yes it been a while since I have posted any new pics, so now its catch up time! This is the latest. I picked up this M-920 out of CA a few months ago, I got it from a very nice fellow who was looking to use it in his construction business till he tried to title and license as a commercial vehicle in that state "NO" NEVER HAPPEN was the reply he got!! We struck a deal and now its mine! It is a 1980 M-920 with 11K original miles and 609 miles since the most complete rebuild I have ever seen on a truck, new 400 Big Cam1 Cummins, new 16 speed CAT trans. it came with all new tires when I got it but then of course I had to convert everything to singles. I am running 1600 R20 Goodyears on HEMMT rims, I had the front drums machined appropriately to accept the rims and cut 6 centers out of the original wheels to center on the real axles inside the new rims. By the time I was done building rims and putting tires on them I could do one complete assembly in just about an hour each, that does not include mounting! The truck is one of the nicest I have ever purchased it is 100% complete and just about brand new in every way, although I did have to get all new batteries, yea that is just another little expected expense! I have found nothing on the truck that is not what I expected in fact pretty much the opposite, its a welcome addition to the fleet, after license and title I will start learning all the ins and out of the transmission, I have always liked a challenge! Thanks folks I hope you like it!
Karl

IMG_20150308_133708_361.jpg
IMG_20150308_133740_381.jpg
IMG_20150308_133750_358.jpg
IMG_20150308_133808_199.jpg
IMG_20150308_133822_909.jpg
IMG_20150308_133851_625.jpg
IMG_20150308_133908_572.jpg

turnkey

So does the wife want you to hook up the trailer ,and do the gardening with her, Now that you have something that is what calls useful....No really nice looking rig...my wife like ours, as she can get lots of flowers and stuff into the back end...Go figure.....Lots of money for a flower hauler....Have fun with yours...Looking good man...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a great find. Your just going to have to watch it when off road with that 53 on the drop axle as it will limit what you could do. Wish my 920 looked as good though.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That truck is tougher than woodpecker lips.:goodjob::goodjob:

The Cat transmission is great once you get the hang of it.

My method (when bobtail or empty trailer) is to start in 3rd gear, wind it out to around 1900 rpm and slap shift it up through the gears. To slap shift just cup your hand around the shift lever and slap it up or down. When loaded or pulling a heavy empty trailer use all the gears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks