• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 owner from GA

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a nice one! Looks clean plus no rips in the seat! Looking through the pics it looks like the heater core isn't hooked up which where you are doesn't matter!
What's the little toggle switch under the steering column do?

Also me looking at the drivers side alternator it looks like a plug is missing? Little ding sticking out right next to the positive battery output. I had to go look at one of mine to make sure. Tough to see in the pic so I took one from mine.
The grounds look good on yours too. I replaced the plug that goes to the regulator that's why the wiring looks new. Oil cooler lines look like they don't leak. The battery hold downs you can make with 1/4 20 ready rod about 9 inches long. They fit in the holes in the bottom of the battery tray.

These trucks came stock with the group 31 batteries so the hold down spots are there for that size too. Have fun with it!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

GREEN85

That's a nice one! Looks clean plus no rips in the seat! Looking through the pics it looks like the heater core isn't hooked up which where you are doesn't matter! What's the little toggle switch under the steering column do? Also me looking at the drivers side alternator it looks like a plug is missing? Little ding sticking out right next to the positive battery output. I had to go look at one of mine to make sure. Tough to see in the pic so I took one from mine. The grounds look good on yours too. I replaced the plug that goes to the regulator that's why the wiring looks new. Oil cooler lines look like they don't leak. The battery hold downs you can make with 1/4 20 ready rod about 9 inches long. They fit in the holes in the bottom of the battery tray. These trucks came stock with the group 31 batteries so the hold down spots are there for that size too. Have fun with it!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm going to put a new heater core in, I assume it needs one. Toggle switch went to wires to the back of the truck. Assumed some lighting that was removed? I took all the excess wiring and that switch out.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I'm going to put a new heater core in, I assume it needs one. Toggle switch went to wires to the back of the truck. Assumed some lighting that was removed? I took all the excess wiring and that switch out.
I hear that! Could be a hook it up and see if it leaks. It doesn't hurt to take the box out though and put new felt on the flapper doors to seal up. No need in helping heating up the inside in the summer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks