• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008 owner in the UK

Hollywood1980

Hello Guys

Finally got myself a 008 which needs a couple of bits doing such as fuel guage stays on full until it's nearly empty then starts flickering, horn is inop, windscreen wash pump is inop, and there is a slight leak coming from the top of the transfer case. Any suggestions/guidance would be very grateful!

20150502_151510.jpg

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very clean. Any rust issues from salt on the road like we have in some northern states?

JamieM1009

Looks a peach! we'll get to work on those little faults, shouldn't be anything serious. Did you clean the transfer case?

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby. That truck is good start, you will soon have it up to par. Power wash it and then check where the leaks are coming from. Check the grounds (earths) behind the dash and see if the clocks function properly. Horn and washer pump no big deal, an easy fix. (or replace). good luck with it and prep it for this years upcoming events.

JamieM1009

I believe the horn has been rewired on to a switch in the dash, so that's sorted. As there's a few lights not working on the dash we can pull it out , replace all the bulbs and check all the connections at the same time. Personally I think the leak on the np208 may be from the breather at the top as its only about 3cm long as looks easily blocked. The whole case was wet from top down but only leaked a little bit on and off. We can swop the washer for the replacement you have

Good luck to you. That pick up looks like its pretty solid. I had a bunch of them in my motor pool when I was in the service. I found the Chevys OK for their purpose. They'll pass everything but a fuel point. Yuk yuk. With those gears in it the fuel level went down pretty rapidly. Check your grounds (earths) for your electrical equipment. That seems to solve a lot of those pesky gremlins that crop up as time goes by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks