• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1008

RANGEL_USAF

was just wondering if ya'll have seen the new m1008's? when i was in korea we had about 8 2007's at our shop... i thought i had the 2 pics of them on my thumb drive, but i'll have to post it up tommorrow or later on today

RANGEL_USAF

yes its has a 6.6L Turbo Diesel Duramax, quick as hell i would say 0-60 in 7.5 secs, not bad for a diesel; it gets up quick but after 50 or 60 it doesnt have as good gearing for high speeds. split rim with digital tire pressure system, but that thing ends up being annoying as hell b/c its not accurate, ends up beeping every 10 mins. i dont know what its goverened at but i know he had it upto 110. has that desert runner spare tire holder, swing arm. its automatic with aster switch, black out drive, stock 33's had a small lift but cant remember how high, still had fully functional GM interior as far as radio, ac, no power windows or locks though Military spec seats, but a hell of alot better than HMMWV's or any other previous m series, they are actually pretty comfortable. i can get part of the T.O. or for you Army guys the TM but i can only get one as of right now online, havent seen a paper manual yet. the front brush gaurd came stock like that with the chevy emblem cut out, rear bumper is metal as well and of course it comes painted in the OD Green CARC

kennyw

DriverSideImpact1008 said:
It looks baddazz...but, it is quite unfortunate that they don't have a solid front axle. The guys in the service better learn how to fix a broken axle shaft.
IFS is preferred by the military (at least those doing the purchasing). I remember watching the training video's when the HMMV's came out. They made a big deal about the "benifits" of IFS :lol:

RANGEL_USAF

i know they got a crew cab dually version as well, but it doesnt look as mean as this one. just down graded tires no 5th tire holder, and something else dirrferent. but still looks good

RANGEL_USAF

LT285/75R16 are the tires, split rims... im pretty sure it does have a winch. im pretty sure it exits through the chevy symbol. i found the operators manual but for some reason i cant view parts or service manuals

RANGEL_USAF

thats what our air superiority is for, F22 blows them out the sky before they even know its in the general area. then again i dont remember when the last air attack against us was? i guess were just that bad A...

Bozor1000

Yeah if Chevy would have kept the solid axle trucks in the inventory, then I think that I would purchase one of those when they came up for auction later on in the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks