• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 from Southern Germany

steelandcanvas

Thanks :D in germany there are small vehicles common...even my M1009 is called "a monster truck" by passengers when I park somewhere.... :D guess engine & drivetrain weight as much as some of those moving shoeboxes do...
If that's the case, what would they call a M1070 HET? My Deuce looked like a toy parked next to one of them.

flumsi

Hi Assel

"... but then i found one that had a good price, Dutch title and German "Tüv"
I also went the dutch way, but first TÜV inspection (§21,23,29) will be in June this year.
How did you get the front brush guard approved ? Need advice how to convince the inspector in the cucv specialities.

Grüße aus Bayern !

Assel

Hi Assel

"... but then i found one that had a good price, Dutch title and German "Tüv"
I also went the dutch way, but first TÜV inspection (§21,23,29) will be in June this year.
How did you get the front brush guard approved ? Need advice how to convince the inspector in the cucv specialities.

Grüße aus Bayern !
Hey, I buyed it with Tüv already, and the brushguard is NOT approvable...its edges are too sharp...(same goes for antenna brakets, forbidden also) as if thats a matter when you get hit by a CUCV...(its about pedestrians-safety) there are some similar looking civil ones built of round tubes, but getting such things approved gets now harder and harder... As a fact, every CUCV owner over here has it on the vehicle, and for inspection its just taken off :D ...btw police never asked for it..they just want to talk about engine & mileage ..such things :p

I think the major problem will be that they wont find any "ODB" connector for Emission check etc. :D ... well in 1 year I will see how this works...

flumsi

... and i thought the round connector near the 4 wheel shift is a Next Generation ODB (lol).
I still have some hope to get things approved along with the "H"-Plate requirements.

Thanks for reply and all time good and save drive.

Assel

some new pics, just got new inspection (I was a bit late...but they didnt mention it so I got 1 free month lol...) eveything is better than it was. replaced shocks, brake prop. valve, brake pads, rotors, parking brake cable, 1 brake line, all brake hoses, remanufactured brake calipers,new master cylinder, new air cleaner, transmission fluid & filter + new pan with drain plug, new headlight bulbs, engine oil + filter (3 times since I have it) , 2 used Batteries (still good), a new glowplug relay, a new glowplug card (thanks to antennaclimber for making it possible to get a new one...the old one fried somehow), the doghead relay mod, new wheel bearings on the front axle, some rust removal & a new rattle-can paintjob, a new thermostat, flushed cooling system & refill - now safe for about -47°C, fresh differential oil, painted dashpad, sunvisors & door panels black and cleaned the inside.lol ... that must have been everything I did to it in the past... love that CUCV, cant wait until the salt is gone off the roads and make it the daylie again! Aaaaaaand not a single drip of anything under it for now !!! 8) ..and no, nothings empty! all fluid levels are correct! :mrgreen:

DSC_0674.jpg DSC_0679.jpg DSC_0677.jpg DSC_0681.jpg

Another Ahab

She's looking real sharp, Assel.

It sounds like you darn near rebuilt the whole vehicle. Is there anything on that rig that you haven' t replaced and ISN'T new!?

Assel

the ol´bucket seats are still in (I plan on swapping a restored bench in it since there are 3 seats in the title), I need a new inner passenger side front fender and I have some rusty spots which I plan to eliminate this summer... also the rear brakes are untouched, still good. And im planning on putting a new timing chain in and maybe I should replace the rear main seal in the future... maybe I open the tailgate aswell and take a look in it, the window crank needs more and more force to move :D

oh and the brushguard comes back on....if I had it on maybe the inspector would have not let me pass inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks