• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new M1009, lots of plans and ideas

REGULATOR

ok the general idea I'm getting is that the axles in the 1009 are not that sturdy and anything too big tire wise will not last long.

31-32-maybe 33 is ok according to most.

I'm sure if I put some aggrressive 31-32's I'll be just fine, won't need to regear or anything

not makign a hard core off road rig, but will see a little off road action when I can. ( nothing worse then it probably saw in Military life)

If as time goes on I can source some better axles or a donor 1008 rig then I can see making a large leap into swaps etc. after I get this one runnign and return from my deployment, maybe I'll keep my eyes on the local junk yards and GL for a truck with beefier axles.

I do love the way those Hummer 37's look!!! and its not like the vehicle itself is practical so why worry about practical? I have a motorcycle I ride pretty much year round anyway for practical.

for now its going to get better tires then it has, and some minor upgrades such as off road lights and cb and general refresh of certain parts etc.

a good pressure wash of the exterior, and maybe a do it yourself truck bed liner on the inside.

I'm sure I'll find u joints and other things it has to have once I start driving it some.

REGULATOR

OK Ive decided:

4 inch lift with some 33 inch tires ( I'd love 35's but don't think the stock axles will hold up that long)

any suggestions fromt eh peanut gallery on what brand of lift kit and where to get it?

not going to use blocks in the rear, springs all around

got the full blessing of the ministry of war and finance to go ahead and order it all up and get to work.

( anybody in GA wanna help install?)

:)

REGULATOR

that full package of theres is quite the setup..

I'm thinkign tuff country Heavy duty kit with front and rear springs, shocks and necessary brake lines or whatever.. ( sterring drop for a 4 inch?)

the reverse shackle stuff seems great, but not going to wheel this thing too hard, just want it too be generally tough enough to handle soem rough tank trails and hunting situations...

plus I want ease of installation

I might have to give them a call tomorrow since I 'm offf work for next 20 days or so..

of course I have a few local shops I'm going to check out tomorrow..

flewbyu

Running Skyjacker 6" front and rear with 35"x14.5" on 10" wheels. Add two inches to DS, drop Xfer case 1". Great daily driver, gets lots of looks and almost 20mpg in town. 84 1009 with 61k on odometer...I got the lift from a junked Suburban for $150. 4" lift or more correct steering geometry (drop arm) is pretty much a must. No need to do brake lines until 6" lift or more...Questions?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks