• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m1009...no lights

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up our first m1009 today, starts, runs great, no rust, great truck...except, no lights whatsoever. headlights, turn signals, brakes, nothing. Whats my first step, or even point me to the right section of the TM...will post pics tomorrow.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This panel is directly to the left of your regular light switch. Make sure the right one is in the up position for the lights to work. In 'All Off' none of them will work. The toggle is spring loaded, you pull it out slightly to clear the lock, then flip it up. It is all explained in the -10 manual.

Cheers

Attachments

405timothy

made this mistake myself once, replaced swich, fuse, bulbs, and it turned out to be service light switch got move to blackout light position

Blood_of_Tyrants

Like they said, the first step is to make sure your service light switch is on. After that check fuses. Then start looking for a bad Service Light switch or broken wires and connectors. A cheap multimeter will make troubleshooting much easier as you follow voltage.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM 9-2320-289-10 manual tells you how all the switches and idiot lights work.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the TM reference, and yes the blackout switch was sticking, I thought I had operated it correctly, but after playing with it for a minute it seemed to be a little corroded and loosened up and was able to get it working. Thanks for everyones help.

Anna Mull

same scenario
same outcome

I make the service light switch (check) part of my pre-flight checklist, since my dogs have a habit of kicking it (off) on their way into the CUCV