• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 owner from Ohio

jimmiejam87

Hello all! I am a proud owner of a 1985 M1009 with only 7,600 miles. I bought it yesterday in Lancaster, Ohio. I love it so far, but had a slight issue.

Drove it all day yesterday, including having a little fun in the mud last night :driver:

woke up this morning to head out and it would crank, but not fire. Warmed up the plugs a few times and nothing! After having psohuston take a look, new diesel, and a few curse words, it fired up. Only issue is that we had to bleed the fuel lines to get air out so it would fire. My concern is that it had been sitting with so few miles on it that the rubber lines have rotted and now i am getting air in places i shouldn't. :cry:

Any help, questions, comments or anything in between would be great. I am excited to be a part of the community and can't wait to hear back from everyone.

ryan77

I would drop the tank and change all the hoses there cheap!! Change all the coolant hoses to!! If its rubber replace it!!

psohuston

I will talk to you in the morning Jim I just found my spare fuel line in the bottom of my spare parts box in the back of the 09 don't forget to park nose down hill and you should be ok. I didn't see fuel getting out but air is getting in, my guess is it is somewhere between the tank, pump, and filter. Don't think its between filter and IP but we'll replace those lines too. talk to you in a couple of hours.

jimmiejam87

I've seen kip in the deuce a few times and scott is the one who got me into this whole mess...lol
I went out this morning after parking on a very slight incline in the driveway and it took a few warm ups and a slight bleed but she fired right up :eek:

kipman

Nice, are you going to put her in the parade Monday? we will have several trucks, we start at the airport, then go over to the fairgrounds as a group.

Hightechken

I agree that it is a great idea to replace ALL rubber lines, Including heater and radiator hoses. After all, They are all well over 20 years old!

So far, The only downside I have found with my M1009 is the noise. Some carpet and sound deadning would help.......

ryan77

[QUOTE

So far, The only downside I have found with my M1009 is the noise. Some carpet and sound deadning would help.......[/QUOTE]

I like the noise i want a loudner on mine!!!! Its like when i would take my Harley down town Chicago on a sunday with straight pipes!!! Just hit thre throttle, used to scare the crap out of the rich people shopping on Michigan Ave.........:idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks