• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner in Dallas

Farscrape

Hello Everyone. Thanks for all the useful info which helped me decide to buy an M1009 yesterday.

I spent 1988-1997 working on various military vehicles for both the Army and the ARNG, so this vehicle brings back the memories. And its easier to park in the driveway than an M1A1...

It's been used as a fire dept vehicle, then returned to OD green by the previous owner who is a member of this forum. Drove her about 50 or so miles home yesterday without a hitch. Glow plug system has been converted to a manual switch so I am considering getting it back to the timer soon. Also debating the Nostalgic Air AC system since I already put one of theirs into a 1976 Ford pickup.
CUCV2.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks