• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new M1009 owner

chevyguy1976

Hi guys, Well I finally took the plunge and picked up my first CUCV. She is a 1986 M1009. Dash says 25,000 miles but looks to have been out so its hard to say. The thing runs and drives great. I drove it home about a 4 hour trip without a hiccup. The old 6.2 does not even smoke, not even on start up. She got right around 22mpg on the trip( about 17-18 for me driving it to work) Starts on the first try, is semi quiet, and runs smooth. The turbo 400 shifts smooth, and even all the lights work. SO far now major leaks of any kind. The guy I got it from had done most of the fun stuff, new belts, hoses, new 31 10.50 tires, new ball joints, shocks, front end knuckles, driveshaft u joints. Someone put a cd player in it, and leather seats out of a Tahoe in it. They are comfy but look wrong in the blazer. So far all I have had to do was the doghead relay, and I plan on changing the box fuel filter, over to a screw on type. She is an Iowa truck tho and has pleanty of rust, not as bad as some of the ones I have seen you guys fix up. I have put almost a 1000 miles on it so far and love it. The wife and I even took it on a 3 hour road trip camping last weekend. She loves it, and If I am not careful its going to wind up being hers lol. I hope the pics post this is the first time I have posted any. If I decide to keep it and fix it up I will be starting a build thread, until then I just plan on driving it, and fixing any issues that may come up.

Attachments

rsh4364

Looks like a good start,congrats..When I let my gf drive mine once she said OMG this thing wants me to turn right into this field and keep on trucking...last time I let her drive it ! haha