• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 Owner

markx250

Picked up my first ever CUCV yesterday, a restoration from David Roth @ Southern CUCV. Here is a link to his build thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/75442-southern-cucv-resto-m1009-3.html#post970598

No problems making the 2.5 hr drive home yesterday ... my album has a pic of the rig at the rest stop on 95 just south of DC.

As of one month ago, I never even knew these things existed. On a deer hunting trip down to my old friend Steve's place ("Swiss") in GA, I became enlightened. He hooked me up with this sight and when I got back, I dug into the research. Timing was just right as David was just finishing this rig up.

I plan to use this as my daily driver along with light off-roading and will dump my 09 Dodge RAM Hemi (previous ride was a 2000 RAM 2500 with a Cummins ... never should have sold that :()

David has gotten me off to a great start but I fully expect and embrace that there will be work to do. I plan on leaving it as is for now, drive it, monitor it (and this sight) closely and fix what I need to. Then, when the weather breaks in the spring, I will start doing some preventative system maintenance/upgrades.

Thanks for all the help in advance and I look forward to contributing as well in the future.

Mark