• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new m1009 picked up thursday from gsa

markg

latest m1009 picked up from gsa. first picks after getting a handle on whats needed. im not sure who did the starter relay mod or the spin on filter conversion. glow plug card is gone with push button conversion. i replaced the volt gage. batteries were dated 1-08 but after slow charge they both came back to life. speedometer cable melted against the exhaust . new one is coming. back window had a new handle. fixed ground to get fuel gage working. both alternators charge with rebuilt tag that says "keene". has a different intake manifold on it, slopes from front to back , ive seen them on vans. thanks. mark

anybody know what the 'compliance' sticker means? it was on both door panels.

P1010001.jpgP1010002.jpgP1010003.jpgP1010004.jpgP1010005.jpgP1010006.jpgP1010007.jpgP1010008.jpg

Last edited:

markg

Sweet. The pushbutton GP mod is just fine in my opinion. Is this another TFS unit?
this one was at texas facilities in san antonio. good title!!! i went and inspected these early. they had some big trucks included in this sale but all had some kind of problems. the sale was last wednesday. im surprised you missed it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't miss it, I just don't need another M1009! One there was a rust bucket. The compliance decal is to remind agencies that accept these assets from the feds that there are lots of strings attached (listed on decal) during the compliance period, which I think is 2 years. I have seen several museums get in hot water with Texas Faclilites Commission due to supposed violations of this policy.

markg

I didn't miss it, I just don't need another M1009! One there was a rust bucket.
this is the one! it was not as bad as the picture shows. the other one was a little nicer but came with a big price. this one turned out ok. thanks. mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks