• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009 - slow to start when cold issue

iacucv

Hey guys, my new to me 09 is slow to start when under about 50 degrees when it should clearly start fine. I chalked it up to needing new glow plugs at purchase. Well after installing a new set of ac60gs, it starts better but after 2 cycles of the plugs and needing a little throttle to get going. Checked the voltage at the resistor and had 25ish. Will be getting the resistor bypass mod done soon. So, I was thinking fuel filter... Or air leak in the fuel line. It appears new and no leaking. Glow plug card sounds like it's working as it should... So any ideas or suggestions? Thanks guys!

iacucv

Seems to crank at a good speed. New batteries in it. Have not load tested but an unlikely suspect. Before resistor reading on the 25v. Did not have time to multimeter glow plug leads or a helper, I will do that next but I suspect something else being it was 60 today and it still didn't start very quickly after cycling the new glow plugs.

iacucv

Thanks wisconsinz, I will be running those tests this weekend. Sounds like it may well tell me the gp card isn't doing its job. My m1008 was concerts to push button when I got it, so the gp card stuff is new to me. I will report back!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks