• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1009

5moker

Just pick up my first MV. M1009. Started trouble shooting Today. Stater spins, but doesn't engage. Weak batteries? Any ideas. can I bench test a 24 volt starter? Thanks all

cpf240

First of all, Welcome to SS.

I'd guess that the solenoid on the starter is bad. Still though, it has to be said... always start with fully charged and load-tested batteries!

Be sure to read through the CUCV stickies at the top of the CUCV forum, lots of good info there. Will probably answer many of your questions, even the ones you didn't know you had!

5moker

TY! haha, been reading TMs for a week. Not sure if I have even more questions now! Very mechanically inclined, however first MV... I am thinking soleniod too. I am gonna pull it, and try jumping it with cables and the batteries in a 24 volt series to see if I can get it freed up. Solenoid plunger mabe?
She is a beutiful truck. White 84, very clean, farm fresh from ga university. 19k miles reported. Steering/brakes tight, shifter tight and move smooth. Hubs lock along with tranfer case. Can't wait to here her purr. Aready looking at a banks turbo!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks