• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1010, free parts offered, some needed

kapnklug

Hey y'all, just bought this cherry m1010 on Fleabay! Only 18K mi, no rust anywhere. After the usual replacement of rubber parts & fluids, along with a radiator & water pump, she is on the road. This may scandalize a few folks, but I bought it with the intention of making it into a camper (I'm getting a little old to keep camping in my M1009).
First question: does anyone have a source for new inside weatherstripping for the rear doors? Before i try to cobb something together from Home Depot?
Next, she came will all the ambo equipment in the back, which I'm offering for free to anyone who will pick it up in central NY, or pay for shipping.
This includes:
-- (4) litters with the slides
-- The little triangular jump seat on a track (looks like never used)
-- The red cross signs
-- interior spot lights
-- the A/C system (it had no freon on it, so condition questionable)
-- anything else from the interior of an M1010 that you're interested in, it seems pretty complete (no GPFU).

...and I'm looking for the following parts:
-- the metal surround in the ambo box for the fuel filler cap
-- the fuel tank skidplate (i believe these are the same as the M1008?). Actually I could use (2) of these...
-- the covers for the pos & neg busses in the engine compartment
Thanx!

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get all the rubber door and window seals, as well as many other parts, from LMC Truck Parts.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice purchase! I haven't yet done anything about the seals on my rear doors but they are on the list. I'll have to check the profile of them today...

There are several M1010 builds in the Hot Rodding section as well.

nyoffroad

I'm talking about the seals for the ambulance doors. I doubt I'll find them at LMC.
A company called AUVECO has been around forever selling automotive hardware to body shops and auto parts suppliers, If you check around with your local automotive paint suppliers they may have a catalog. They sell weatherstriping by the roll in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and mountings. If you take a small slice of yours and do some comparing I bet you can find a very close if exact replacement. They also have a website that you may be able to order from.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what mine looks like. I looked at a few sites but haven't found anything similar. I know I've seen it before. 3/4" wide and probably 7/16" tall.

Attachments

kapnklug

I think DeadParrot is on track with SteelRubber.com, and NyOffRoad with AUVECO, looks like they will have products that will work even if not the exact same profile. Maybe even room for improvement!
Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about picking up the ambo stretchers etc. I'm taking things apart now & will answer PM's in the order they were received & parts wanted.
There are indeed some good M1010 builds in the Hot Rodding section. I read them all this evening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks